Saturday, March 03, 2007

SLUT WITH A HEART: Terms & Conditions Applied

My birthday is around the corner again. Previous years have found me terrified & hysterical. And why not? Who wants to declare they have more wrinkles, more flab & more emotional baggage?

But this year I am pretty confident I will not indulge in self pity or self destructive behavior. I dare say I have discovered the best part about growing older- wisdom! Nothing nor no one can take away the experiences I’ve lived through or the friendships I’ve built along the way.

Tonight, as I was guzzling booze, I had my own set of epiphanies!

Ask me at 20-22 and I would have told you confidently of my life plan. At 27 I saw myself progressing well in my dream job & living with my ideal partner. Sure I don’t have any of that but I have much much more! Many of my “what if”s have been answered most confidently. I have had the opportunity to try different jobs and different men. I no longer worry about being trapped in a disfunctional relationship either.

Now more than ever I am most certain of what I am looking for in life. How many other people can say that? How many have ventured down the dangerous path only to discover a pot of gold at the end?

Then there are the friends I’ve grown to love & adore. They haven’t remained stagnant either. Many, just like me have extrapolated themselves by leaps & bounds! By the grace of their will, once unsure little princesses have become dominatrix queens full of zest & zeal and love sick puppies have become the happily married bitches I love to loathe. Even the daydreamers with their heads in the clouds have found their own personal heaven.

Sure I have more regrets than just ‘the cute guy that got away’ but who doesn’t have their own little hang-ups?

Life may not be perfect for now but I have done so many things that most only read about in paperback novels & seen so many things that most only view on TV. Sure there have been those who frown on my deviant behavior, but it all has been worth it. Keeping the tempo of my life lively mixed with the beat of fresh experiences ensures I’ve never have to settle for second best.

I may live my life like quail in a speed zone,
but I know I can settle down & be someone’s home… *HICK*

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Shake Trees said...

Happy Birthday to AJ wor. *hick hick Koala wishing u all the veli best :)

7:41 AM  
Blogger Musang said...

awwwww.... you will soon find the man to come home for no matter how slutty you are.

and you'll be happy about it.

cheers for ur birthday dear!!!

9:28 PM  
Blogger savante said...

Aww.. happy birthday, man! :) Go get drunk, have fun and don't do any men I wouldn't do.

5:32 PM  
Blogger AJ said...

boys... the birthday isnt here yet. I am just being a drama queen. but thanks for the well wishes!

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home