Sunday, January 28, 2007

Humanizing Stereotypes

If there is one thing I don’t like about blogging, it’s being approached by strangers who have read my blog & look at me like they know every single thing about me. Like a museum exhibit, they then expect me volunteer personal information & to live up to the romanticized self-portrait of AJ that I have painted. I still have many secret talents that I will not share with the world! So don’t be stalker like & talk like polite people should.

No, the whole stalkeresque thingy hasn’t happened recently but I do want everyone to understand that surely & most certainly I have more dimensions, layers & angels than you can imagine. I know I have been labeled by many as a cold bitchy hedonistic party freak, but such assumptions are not entirely correct. I’m not saying its wrong to label people but a little restraint & tact always does wonders.

I’m personally totally guilty of bestowing titles, nasty or nice onto people. In fact, very often when I first meet someone I find myself noticing their flaws. Whether or not I call them a ‘Trashy Three Headed Tranny’, ‘Evil Clown Whore’ or ‘Melted Barbie Doll’ does really depend a lot on my discretion to act on the spur of the moment.

This weekend whiles happily out clubbing, I encountered some badly labeled Bitches. There was Anne Of Green Gables who just like the character from the series always went out with a straw hat with a ribbon tied around it. Anne has since upgraded and now is always seen with a visor. Still, we call him Anne at every opportunity.

Twirl, twirl & turn around and there’s Fuck Face The Fugly with his boyfriend with shoes made by blind pixies (The most hideous things ever they look like leather ketupats. Surely the current surge of earthquakes can be blamed on the spirit of the cow that had to sacrifice itself for those fashion death traps turning over and over again in its grave). I’ve posted about this before but what makes Fuck Face The Fugly truly fugly is his loathsome personality which I do not care to elaborate. But it does make for a good tongue twister.

But at the end of the party, all the fun & names were brought to a halt by yours truly being bitch slapped. *Wwwhack!* I have never been slapped before. Time stood still & and all eyes follow the thunderous sound to AJ. I think, most people would have freaked. Some would have started pounding, some would have let the flood gates open and others would have been speechless.

Instead I calmly expressed to him that he really shouldn’t do that & I forgive him. But if he does it again, ever, he would totally regret it. In deed he did apologize, but I’m not particularly sure of the sincerity stemming from his unsure clarity.

No, I have never wronged this guy & have never even called him names. In fact he is one of the first few people I met coming into the scene. Its just his imbalanced personality taking a swipe at my easy going personality. I fully understand how its like to be crazy & wanting to take it out on the world. Sure I bitched about it later but if anything, that slap taught me that I’m a much nicer person that I thought I was.

So yeah, don’t judge me purely based on what you read about me because even I don’t know me. And always remember to talk, like polite people should. How else can you know a person’s heart?


I am the son
And the heir
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
I am the son and the heir
Of nothing in particular
You shut your mouth
How can you say
I go about things the wrong way?
I am Human and I need to be loved
Just like everybody else does
There's a club, if you'd like to go
You could meet somebody who really loves you
So you go, and you stand on your own
And you leave on your own
And you go home, and you cry
And you want to die
When you say it's gonna happen "now"
Well, when exactly doe you mean?
See I've already waited too long
And all my hope is gone
You shut your mouth
How can you say
I go about things the wrong way?
I am Human and I need to be loved
Just like everybody else does

Love Spit Love (OST Charmed)~ How Soon Is Now

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Comically Sad said...

omg! somebody slapped you?!?!?! really, nice or not, i wont let anybody get away with a slap. but maybe you're too nice :S

12:36 AM  
Blogger drownedglass said...

OMG? The drama! The bitchiness! Some people just aren't quite civilised.

9:21 PM  
Blogger 4wD said...

woohoo.

couldn't think of anything else to say, so thought i'd woohoo.

9:29 PM  
Blogger AJ said...

seriously guys, life isnt always about what feels good, sometimes what feels right is good enough... (ooOOoooh so cryptic, neh?)

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol it really was quite a slap. i will attest to that.

10:59 PM  
Blogger savante said...

Slapped you?!?!? WHY in GOD's name!

But curious what kinda name you'd call me :P

12:18 AM  
Blogger AJ said...

and you didnt rescue me slutboy! you didnt rescue me! hahahaaa.. I dunno la.. I could have beaten the crap out of him but seriously, it would be like pushing a blind man.

Oh paul, you're already horny dr paul! hee hee hee...

12:47 AM  
Blogger khalel said...

Congratulations!!!

You are one of the fifteen finalist for this month G* Spot Blog of the Month!!!

You can claim your finalist button at www.khalelian.blogspot.com

Again congratulation and goodluck!!!

10:09 AM  
Blogger AJ said...

thanks Khalel! dunno if i can figure out how to get the button to work tho...

musang, I am soo nice! and nopes I haven't stopped but closer to my goal!

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home