Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Emoticon/ Lexicon: Insatiable/ Delectable (Part 2)

Lexicon: Saturday At Soul Food with Jacob Sam Larose , Food Foundry

Its almost as if I did it so I could say "how very cultural of me!" I went to Soul a poetry recital just to see if I’d like it. The headliner (if that is what you call him) was Jacob Sam Larose Jacob Sam Larose , a Brit who was supported by a motley group of local poets. That and they have a very delicious crepe cake. Try the strawberries & crème, it’s the best!

On the whole I liked it tho I’m not sure if I will ever be inspired enough to sit through another round. One of the many things he said was that it’s a faux pas to write poetry about poetry & that is why he wrote a poem about poetry. Cheeky bugger!

Me being me, I decided to take it a step further & now present to you my poem about poets reciting poetry!


You Don’t Deserve Me

I still remember you,
that shiver as you blindly hypnotized on the radio.
Every word as mesmerizing as lover’s saliva,
Every pause an eternity,
Every silence my fear of uncertainty.
So strong the anger & jealousy.
But now I’ve tracked you down for more.

You preen before the crowd,
forgetting your prime destiny.
Your ebony feathers carefully crafted,
bemusing me your freshly acquired prodigies,
turning into prancing jesters.
Like young boys in a jerk circle,
each taking their turn at ejaculating their feelings.
How gross,
how kinky,
how divine,
how did I forget t’was not them I came for?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger savante said...

Like young boys in a jerk circle...

:)

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home