Sunday, November 26, 2006

Is There Really Too Much Trash In This World!

Today I spent some time cleaning up my pc, and one of the documents I found was an e-mail from the Uni lecturer who supervised my final year project. I had totally forgotten about it, but reading it sure brought back memories.

Dear AJ,

I have been asked to tell all my students that you have to clean up any mess that you left in the lab...(I am not sure if this applies to you). By the way I am very very sorry that you didn't get a better mark for your story. It was a gross miscarriage of justice. I had given you an High Distinction, but the other two retards gave everybody the same mark. I made a big fuss at the staff meeting, but only managed to get you up to a Distinction. Other students shared the same fate actually, while others were marked far too high. There was a lot of politics involved I think (plus a good deal of dementia). I couldn't believe some of the comments on your report -totally dumb.

anyhow, I did try to help, and your report was very good. I would like you JoJo and LiLi to do a joint paper for publication.

Being the competitive bitch I am, I put my heart & lots of effort (I don’t have a soul) into that project. From picking hundreds of minute worms out of rotting leaves to preparing extra handouts to help the judging panel better understand what I was hoping to accomplish, I toiled day & night. I even wore my supervisors favorite purple color and made my Power Point presentation to match. But one thing I forgot to do was to suck up to the right people.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

That's my cute 22 year old ass collecting samples in the middle of a stinky irrigation drain..


Thanks to the age old problem of politics, my results weren't amazing like me. The lecturer famous for staring ladies in the boobs refused my handouts on the grounds that they were “not environmentally friendly”. I quickly commented that once the presentation was over, I would take the 2 sheets of paper for recycling (what I want to say was he was wasting oxygen by living).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is another site where I had to collect my samples too, looks prettier? You try using a mini foot pump to blow up a bloody raft!

Sure I was disappointed that I didn’t get what I deserved but that’s life. Not everyone liked the guy who turned up to receive his scholarship certificate with 4 earrings, a tongue stud, torn jeans & flip flops. When you don’t conform & don’t fit in, you will often face adversity. And even if you do, some shameless retards will try to steal your thunder.

Something similar is happening to me at work lately but fuck that! As frustrated as I may feel, I refuse to let the whore get under my skin. She may have the upper hand, but I have truth, quit wit & plenty of gay diva attitude on my side!

All I know
Is everything is not as it's sold
but the more I grow the less I know
And I have lived so many lives
Though I'm not old
And the more I see, the less I grow
The fewer the seeds the more I sow

Then I see you standing there
Wanting more from me
And all I can do is try
Then I see you standing there
Wanting more from me
And all I can do is try
Nelly Furtado~ Try

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

u were the coolest at uni!!! genius without trying too hard.

1d

p.s: i know u did work hard to keep the grades so damn up. but u gotta admit that u do hv intellect above the rest.

love ya!

12:58 PM  
Blogger Comically Sad said...

i cant believe u actually stepped into that brown liquid! hats off to you.

no girl can ever top that i think. u're the biggest queen lol show her that attitude!

11:10 PM  
Blogger Musang said...

environmental science?

hmmm... that's what happened almost everywhere. some lecturers can be the worst retards ever.

and some can be like the one you'll remember forever.

*am so gonna suck up the panels before my presentation*

*and get an earing or two before that*

2:44 AM  
Blogger AJ said...

1d, I may have been the coolest, but you were the hottest! ha ha ha!

anonygoat, I do it everyday... right after I blame goats for everything wrong in my life.

k, that's the dry season water level. During the wet season it was above my waist. Yes I checked for leeches after that, but thats a story for another time...

musang, close enough! Remember to suck up to the max, seriously, their egoes are un-burstable!

11:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OMG you! You're coolest ever! A smartiepants who doesn't dress like a nerd, aiii we likey! And look at you wading in muck and all.. propss!

And I like that furtado number..

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home