Thursday, July 14, 2005

Aww wat a cute poopie!


Another head hangs lowly,
The world is a vampire, sent to drain
Child is slowly taken.
Secret destroyers, hold you up to the flames
And the violence caused such silence,

And what do I get, for my pain
Who are we mistaken?

Betrayed desires, and a piece of the game
But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.

Even though I know-I suppose I'll show
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
All my cool and cold-like old job
With their tanks and their bombs,

Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage
And their bombs and their guns.

Then someone will say what is lost can never be saved
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage
In your head, in your head,

Now I'm naked, nothing but an animal
Zombie, zombie, zombie,

But can you fake it, for just one more show
Hey, hey, hey. What's in your head,

And what do you want, I want to change
In your head,

And what have you got
Zombie, zombie, zombie?
When you feel the same


Zombie ~ Cranberries
Bullet with Butterfly Wings ~ Smashing Pumpkins

Yesterday, just like any other day in the office i got pooped on in the office. not literally of course. it all began with a phone call from the secretary at 3.00 pm.

April: Jane there is a meeting at 3.10 pm this afternoon involving the big boss and the marketing dept.
Jane: That sounds nice.
April: Don't be late.
Jane: Am I involved?
April: Of course why else would I call you?
Jane: You didnt mentioned itWell how am I supposed to know? To keep me in touch with the office happenings? I am part of the communications dept...

There was I busily researching graphics for 2 brochures, sending needed files to workmates, monitoring translation of a flyer, negotiating letter head printing, keeping an eye on the graphic designer, doing the writeup for a website, analyzing labels, researching my own freelance article & busily blogging. In other words i was busily doing nothing. And now I had this shit to deal with.

I hurriedly picked up my ass and went down. When I got there I knew instantly I was going to get a lot more shit work. Call it a foreboading sense of dispair. Every glance was met with as slight smile.
Every comment laughed at... Even if it wasnt funny.

So I patiently waited.

Soon enough, the bomb dropped. Two long news paper articles talking about the goodness of crap in 2.5 days. Not that much. If I wasnt involved in creating more crappy brochures. And at the same time adding to the work i still had to do. To quote my boss "Looks like Jane has to cut back on his pa tho (dating) time... Ha ha ha."

I didnt laugh then. I didnt laugh after the meeting. I didnt laugh at 8.00pm when I was the last to leave the office. But I did laugh this morning when I realized that life is just like that. sometimes you get pooped on because you work like a dog... I rather pace myself now.

Fortunately I am still smarter... Or so they like me to think.... lol....

"Despite of my rage i'm stil a rat in a pink pink cage"

3 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

Luckily I'm in a dead-end no-responsibilities job. Pay's crap but I have peace of mind - and lots and lots of free time to do what I like.

So what is it that you do anyway?

7:05 PM  
Blogger AJ said...

Isn't it obvious i'm a "Scottish-korean-cambodian-ugandian
super model who designs nuclear weapons in her spare time"? or rather a com exec in a small small chinaman company...

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so know what you're talking about. Yesterday after lunch, on top of all the other craps I have to do, was called to boardroom, was told to bring my computer along and do my work in the boardroom because "the thing you're doing is confidential, we don't want other people to see". Confidential my ass!! That confidential work is causing me to miss my deadline again, dammit!!

p/s suddenly so emo when commenting here. must be the repressed anger.

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home