Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Girl, take a minute girl...

Girl
Take a minute girl,

come sit down
And tell us what's been happening
In your face I can see the pain
Don't you try to convince us that you're happy (yeah)
We've seen this all before

Girl~ Destiny's Child

As I mentioned in previous posts, I have been trying to deal with the problems in life whiles still keeping an optimistic attitude. The truth is last night I cried. Now a full out slobbering sob but just a fears escaped the corner of my eye. I couldnt help it. I am dealing with some pretty serious shit myself. And some of the people I love the most are facing difficult times. Hardship in love, in life etc. One of the worst examples would be the sms fight I had with a close friend and refused to talk to for a month or so.

Things that were intended for good~ Religion, family values, work ethics, politics etc are backfiring and causing what I consider unneccesary pain.

Datin: Come here girl, I want to talk to you.

Girl: Yes, aunty.

Datin: I want you to stop seeing my son. Do you know what you are getting into? He is a muslim and If you want to marry him you will have to convert. Do you understand that? Can you go back and tell your parents that you have to convert? Do you realize your children will also have to be muslim? How will you ever fit in at our functions? What do you think people will think of my family?

Girl: But we aren't thinking of marrige yet.

Datin: Then you shouldnt be seening my son. At your age it is not going around changing boyfriends so frequently. Find a good compatible man and marry him. It is not the time to be wasting your life. Young girl don't be foolish. Think about your future.

If you know this girl, she is good girl. She doesnt break easily but a few words from a mean Datin and she was reduced to nothing but tears. I told her the Datin is a mean bitch and shouldnt be allowed to even talk to her like that

The no good boyfriend is no better as he is still in love with her. They agreed to break up as he respects her decision that she cannot "have children that have to brought up with a certian religion". She hates that he respects her decision. Still he is the only one she really wants to see. Doesn't make sense? Life rarely makes sense.


Long before I herd this story I just felt something was wrong with her. But she didnt tell me what was wrong. She kept it all in. And we broke down in tears.

I had to be honest and explain that the fight was also partly my fault because of the dramas unfolding at home~

Once upon a time in a far far away land, there was a kind hearted girl. She met a man who she thought was all good and they fell in love and stayed that way dispite the odds.

Unfortunately, one day the girl got really sick and when she got better she was never the same. But she still loved him. And he loved her. So dispite all the protests of their respective families, they got married and had several beautiful & charming children.

One day the man decided to start fooling around and before you knew it, he got a second wife. The second wife stayed with the girl and although she didnt treat her bad, it broke the girl's heart to see the man she loved with a new girl younger than her youngest child.

He was mean to her, he would say horrible things to her face. He didnt respect the girl as a human. He didnt treat her right anymore. He would give her things to the other woman. Her children were sad for her and countless times tried to get her to move in with them but she wouldn't budge. She still loved him even though he didnt love her. Her children could only watch as the girl slowly but surely wasted away.

Some of us collect happy stories. But of late, I've been exposed to these too much. But I don't worry about the people who are able to tell these stories to someone because they don't have to deal with it alone. Its my friends that won't open up, that I worry about.

Come tomorrow, I will sue Desperate House Wifes for stealing their story plots out of my life because it is only possible that *I* have to deal with these horrible truths of life. It couldnt be possible that people that we barely know have to live with deep dark secrets. So there.

A girl from China msged me this line yesterday~

yes, you are right, ladies are emotional animals, i wish i could be a man, so that i won't be that emotional and won't be easily affected by the emotional problem from others.

Dammit Jane! Be a man...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

My parents have always told me - and even my normally senile grandmother became lucid for a brief moment to agree - that I must never, ever marry anyone of a certain race because I would need to convert. I didn't tell them that I had no plans to marry, full stop - but it was still eye-opening to see how strongly they felt about this.

There's not much that you can do for friends who are hurting, except to be there for them - if they'll let you. Destroying yourself over their problems isn't going to solve anything.

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home