Thursday, January 11, 2007

The Things I Do For Love (Of Slutboy)

Too round… too square… too chubby… too tacky… too dark… too hairy… too tall… too young… too messy… too old… too thin… too geeky… too flimsy… OH PERFECT! but straight!! (why is there always a butt?)

Those were the comments running through my head the other day as I sized up the men at the gym. Hey, it’s a tough job being the bitch. Shallow too, but hey, I have the right to be picky when it comes to selecting possible candidates to satisfy the needs of my dear darling Slutboy. I love him to bits. We love him to bits. Carnie & I figure, if we focus our energy & pool our resources, we are bound to find a suitable man for Slutboy. I think possibly maybe he is ready to give up his (supposed) promiscuous ways & find a man he can call his own…

I even dragged out my antisocial ass to join him for a networking party (more like speed dating, if you ask me). I tried to sing praises of Slutboy & do a lil tune about myself (just incase, you know). There were some nice ones, but mostly not to my taste. But the target was to be able to break down those icy walls & find the perfect guy for Slutboy. How did that go? Rome wasn’t built in a day & we can’t expect to find Mrs Slutboy just like that.

“But what about you AJ, why don’t you find yourself a man too?”

Honey, the sentiment is lovely, but do you think any man can keep up with me? More accurately, I don’t see myself falling head over heels for anyone soon. Really, what am I supposed to do with someone else’s dramas, emos & needs?

Doing a quick reality check, over the last year, each of us (the three partners in slutting) must have met about 100 different men (maybe more). No shit. By pooling our resources, we been there, done that & groped the men. Discos, clubs, bars, bistros, karaoke dates, coffee dates, lunch dates, dinner dates, supper dates, breakfast dates, gym dates, movie dates, rave parties, house parties, hotel parties, movie parties, bath houses, online profiles & even blogger meets. Together or individually, we have done some major sexploring. Some wanted to do me, some I wanted to do, some I would date but very few came close to making me take the extra effort to actually be nice & care enough to try.

It was fun meeting all these men but I do believe in that certain kind of electricity that does connect people romantically. A spark. No, not love at first sight, but just an energy that makes you wanna do more. Still haven’t found it, but I will let you know when I do…



Young girl in the market
Music to the men
When the men leave
Her eyes are red
When her eyes are closed again she sees the dark market of above

And she sings
'They say the most horrible things
But I hear violins, when I close my eyes
I am at the center of the sun
And I cannot be hurt
By anything this wicked world has done'

Young boy in the market
Follows all the men
When the men leave
He's out of his head
When his eyes are closed again he sees the dark market of above

And he sings
'They break the most beautiful things
But I hear violins, when I close my eyes
I am at the center of the sun
And I cannot be hurt
By anything this wicked world has done
I look into your eyes
And I am at the center of the sun
And I cannot be hurt
By anything this wicked world has done'

Center of the sun
Young boy in the market
Sees the girl alone
And asks her
'Have you lost your way home?'
She sings
'You say the most beautiful things, just like my violins'

I look into your eyes
I am at the center of the sun
And I cannot be hurt
By anything this wicked world has done

When I close my eyes
I am at the center of the sun
And I cannot be hurt
By anything this wicked world has done

'Cause
I hear violins
I hear violins

I hear violins
I hear violins

Center of the sun
I hear ...violins

Conjure One~ Center Of The Sun

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bath houses are the same as saunas right?
Anyways, you've missed Slutboy's tragic "ego-boosting" trip of babysitting. Remember? =p

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg,lets not mention that little incident. eeks. tragic is definitely the word to describe it.

100 men meh? lol. the breakup was probably me:20, a-jane:20 and cupcake:60 (ignoring any overlap)

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u know...maybe u just need a jump start...

well u never know :P

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home