Thursday, December 14, 2006

Satisfaction: Zoukout ’06 With Ferry Corsten!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



By now my addiction to raves should be more than transparent. I love ‘em! I love ‘em more than Madonna, more than sugar & dare I say it, yes, more than sex. I’ve done a total of 4 raves this year & I still can’t get enough.

Once I discovered my Singapore trip was well timed to the event, I practically forced Carnie & Slutboy to go. Not that they needed much coaxing though. Slutboy is a trance head as well & Carnie, lets say just say some Indonesian birds of paradise enchanted him. Heh.

After oversleeping, we got there at a timely 12 midnight. Even during the taxi ride, we begun to see half naked men heading towards the party ground. The thing about this Zoukout, is that was held on the sands on Siloso Beach, Sentosa Island so it had a very tropical feel.

I’m sure Sentosa Island is famous for other things like the giant aquarium etc during the day time, but on this night, it was a playground for international ravers! OMG I am now an international raver!

That’s right honey, just walking in, I could see semi-naked fully-sexy boys & girls of all colors & ages. If you worked hard to get it, flaunt it! Especially if ‘it’ is a well defined six pack, solid chest or a cute butt. Speedos and broad shorts, bikinis & sarongs, khakis & anything bitchy was worn, er I mean beachy, no I think I was right the first time. Good thing it was sandy, if not my drool would have formed a lake & drowned us all! I was told there was close to 16 thousand people there shaking away on that tiny beach, but honestly I haven’t a clue!

From a distance, we could already here the many different types of music being pumped into the atmosphere. I think there were 4 or 5 stages along the at least 1 km beach. Its not that I’m lazy but I couldn’t be arsed to walk the entire stretch! That’s how big the party grounds were! Each stage was helmed by different styles. There was trance, rock, techno, r&b and even one playing some hits from the recent past (Mumbo Jumbo in Zouk terms).

Before the rave, one of Slutboy’s friends explained how at the beginning, women would dominate the podiums but slowly the gay men with their larger than D cup pecs would scare them away! True enough, at the beginning, the podiums were dominated by big tittied women (no offence ladies). Then the muscle marys decided to get in on the action practically pushed the ladies off with their huge chests. What was surprising was when the trannys took over with their larger than life silicon implants! I guess no matter how big your boobies are, there is always some one out there with even bigger assets!

About 2 drinks into the party, I was feeling a lil sick. After countless concoctions the night before, my liver was protesting & I felt super pukey. But as the young wife’s tale goes, there is no better cure for a hang over than more alcohol. Totally true, just that you need to get to your 4th drink before the nausea leaves you. Just in time too!

With all the shirtless men dancing away, hormones flowed freely too. I swear the air was saturated with androgen, estrogen & testosterone! That’s when it suddenly happened. I’m not totally sure what drove the instinct & certainly I can’t remember how, but I leaned over and kissed Slutboy’s friend who had joined us earlier.

I swear I am so super freaking damaged beyond help. Believe it or not, my first thought after the kiss was ‘oh fuck, I’m setting myself up for heartache, AGAIN. Best I tell the boy I’m not worth the trouble and move on’. The second thought though was fortunately ‘get a grip, its just making out in a rave. Its not like he is asking for you to sign a lifetime contract to his mother’s yoga class!’

Believe it or not, I lost the boy half way through the show whiles getting drinks. I have no idea how it happened. I guess we both just wondered off in separate directions. I couldn’t find Slutboy, Carnie or any of the other people we were hanging out with either. I’m not sure if a lesser man would have panicked, but I just danced alone in the crowd, carefully sipping on my vodka coke. Ferry was up next & well, it was okay to be alone then. Love the beats & mixes! He did a pretty inspirational job which I moved to. I even recognized a couple of the songs. But to help my friends locate me, I decided to wave my two blinking glow sticks in the air.

As if that would help in such a huge crowd! Instead other people decided to do the same and soon enough there were several other people waving their blinking lights in the air too! Funny really. I swear I was cleaner than clean, but the flashing lights totally did a number on my brain. Eventually I did find the gang again & we did a number on the podium.

Back to the boy. And yes, making out in a rave is just as fun as doing it on the dance floor of any club! I let go of the hang ups & threw what ever caution I’ve been harboring into the wind! Sex was not my motivation. I, like the rest of the girls, just wanted to have fun. All the raves I have attended before this have been too straight to comfortably do any male-male making out. But in Singapore, with all its strictness is certainly more open to alternative lifestyles. And I had to take full advantage of the situation and enjoyed the boy along with the hypnotic rhythm & countless plastic cups of booze. By cup 8 we were doing some serious groping and exploring. Sexy jaw line, great spiky hair & hard abs, this boy wasn’t my usual type, but isn’t hot everybody’s type? Gentlemen don’t kiss and tell, so let me leave it at that.

Instead let me give special mention to a most memorable character, Mr Dangly Bits! Must have been late thirties to early forties, he had a goatee & alright body. But what he did lack though was clothes (and a sense of humility). He was dressed in what must have been undies (I didn’t dare get closer) & a jewel studded white belt, thats all! Although most people do shake their entire bodies to the beats, even his pokey bits were doing a tango! Like one of those accidents you can’t help but stare at, I was totally stunned by how he could shake his nasty bits to the rhythm of the music. Nasty, pokey, whatever! But he indeed was enjoying himself!

Before I knew it, dawn came upon us and sunlight kissed the sands of Siloso Beach. Still the carnival rides were moving, music blaring & laser lights flashing. It was so surreal & I don’t use that term lightly. 10 drinks, 7.5 hours of partying, 2 of my greatest friends & 1 hot boy made for one hell of a party. I was truly satisfied. As we left the beach, there was a group of senior citizens coming to do their morning exercises. I wonder what they thought of all the rowdy ruckus, oddly dressed people & especially Mr Dangly Bits!


so little time, so little time
im so frustrated
so little joy, so little joy,
its ccc o ompllliicated
so little time, so little time, t i m e
to work it on out.. yeaah e eahh h h

so little jjoy, so little joy
its complicated
i feel im stumbling in the dDaarkk,
som nam bu la ted
i feel my heart seeking the s ssparks
and im praying for love,
love, l o v e
p pprayiing for love

so little joy, so little j o y
its comp ll lica teed[d]
so little time, so little time
when your hearts been faded

so little hope, so little hope
im praying for love,
love, love is more than enough

simply being love, love , loved
simply being love, love , loved
simply being love, love , loved
is more than enough..yeah yeah
is more than enough..yeah yeah
s i m p l y b e i n g l o v e, l o v e , l o v e d
yyeah iis more
thannnn en ough

so little joy, so little j o y
its complicated
so little time , so little time
to get acclimahted

so little hope, so little hope
im praying now for love,
yeah yeah ahhh

so little time the pace
has changed, but im still waitting
a thousand years of timeless days,
som nam bu la ting
im stubbling
wounded in the [dark]
but im praying again for love
love love
praying for love

love love love
simply being loved
love love
simply being loved
love love
simply being loved
love love

simply being love love loved
simply being love love loved
simply being love love loved
is more than enough, yeah yeah
simply being loved yeah , is more than enough
simply being loved yeah , is more than enough

so little jjoy, so little joy
its complicated
so little time, so little time
its so frustrating
so little hope, so little hope
im praying still for love
l o v {e}, love

Bt – Somnambulist (Ferry Corsten Remix)

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Pluboy2 said...

reminds me of my days in singapore.. :)

hehe.. didnt u go to zoukfest in genting couple years back? more or less the same.. just different atmostphere.. u dun expect to be topless in genting at nite at chilly 18 degrees.. lolx..

and talking about clubs and bars in singapore, been there done that.. was kick out of whynot :) broke jugs and mugs.. vomit in taxi.. kissed a friend.. wat else i havent done? lolx. :)

life in singapore rox, only if u r a visitor.. :)

12:43 PM  
Blogger AJ said...

lol, looks like your a party freak too! i don't remember, did I describe genting before too? must be all the alcohol eating away at my brain cells!

never been kicked out of a club tho, kicked off the podium, many times tho!

11:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh I can't remember the last time I was at a rave... I'm becoming such a fuddy duddy.. (Fuddy Duddy.. who says that anymore!!)

2:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

zoukout! woot! hehehe

10:24 PM  
Blogger AJ said...

yen, I still say that! lol

slutboy, slutboy who ya doing next?
and seriously there is a reason I stopped calling you teks

11:50 PM  
Blogger Pluboy2 said...

lol... im not quite a party freak but once in a while, i do let it run wild.. really wild.. and there are a lot of things i cant recall.. and never will be able to recall when i was totally drunk.. lol..

lol.. glad u enjoyued ur trip.. eheh..

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home