Friday, October 06, 2006

This was supposed to be a post about moon cakes…

This was supposed to be a post about moon cakes but my damn camera decided to stop working. How am I supposed to describe a single yolk pandan moon cake without a picture? The Idea of a congealed green lotus paste cake covered with brown pastry with bright orange salted egg yolk oozing oil in the centre just sounds so disgusting. But its not.

This week was supposed to be an easy week at the office with the bosses out of town. But thanks to the million and one projects with super short deadlines I have to re-write for the millionth time over, I’ve been typing so hard that my fingers refuse to stop twitching even when I sleep. But they are still okay.

I was supposed to be all healthy & shit from all the damn vitamins I take. But I’m not. Damn the haze. Damn everything else. My damn nose is damn runny. I can’t even sleep without having bad dreams about all the things I don’t want to think about. But I'm dealing with that.

I am supposed to be taking a break, and I will try my best. Sorry if I don’t seem interested in lavishing you with sexy thongs, you’re loving relationships, you’re lack of communication with your grandchild or participating in your fancy dinners. I’m concentrating on me now. Moan and groan if you must but do it somewhere else. I’m not in the mood. Trivial as it may seem to you, my mental health is at stake right now. So excuse me as I get better.


I feel drunk but I'm sober
I'm young and I'm underpaid
I'm tired but I'm working, yeah
I care but I'm worthless
I'm here but I'm really gone
I'm wrong and I'm sorry baby

What it all comes down to
Is that everything's gonna be quite alright
I've got one hand in my pocket
And the other one is flicking a cigarette

3 Comments:

Blogger savante said...

You could google pics of mooncakes. Tons of them everywhere.

Obviously you need a break - and definitely some rest :)

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i always think a good piece of haagan daaz mooncake extremely therapeutic. maybe u should try since its in season now.

;)

1d

10:30 PM  
Blogger AJ said...

thats not the point Paul. My camera is broken, fortunately its under warranty.

thanks 1d, but I've already had too many mooncakes this season.

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home