Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Clean & Cuddly AJ at Heineken Thirst Party (ft Groove Armada & Futon)

Not every rave is dirty, dingy & crawling with drop dead sexy but weird beasties. Last Saturday I was in KL tower for the soulful sounds of Groove Armada Sound System. Nothing got painted, nothing was ripped. No animals were injured. Not even hairspray.
I wore a simple black v neck tee with midnight blue jeans & a black belt. Underneath those jeans I has low riding black boxers with a stripy band. In terms of accessories, I had a thick black cord with a male emblem medallion dangling tightly around my neck & a Tibetan charm bangle made out of with nickle & turquoise stones

Not too bad, but not too good either. Let me tell you about it, leaving out bitchy details like how the organizers could definitely have chosen a more ‘ergonomic location’. The space was simply too awkward for the rave! (*oh damn I said it)

The deco & lights were simply perfect! Flood lights, blinkers, lasers & even a big fat white blimp! Top it off with Graffiti stations & even rides! The atmosphere was totally carnival!

The crowd seemed more confused than anything. The concept of try to mix rock music with house was totally misguided. Sure they thought they could easily swing the mood & sway the crowd from the screeching of the electric guitar to the deep base beats, but the crowd felt it. We felt it. I felt it.

Regardless of the confused crowd, I was clear & clean. Cleaner than the refrigerator in a fat man’s house. The entire 4 hours, I had 1.5 beers. (The normal rate is 1.5 drinks per hour, if you’re wondering). Damn I had never been so sober. I had never been so clear headed during a rave.

Interestingly enough, my clear headed state was just what I needed when I was confronted by several acquaintances. First up were my Uni Juniors. Always looking my way for lab reports & the answers to life (biochemistry is all about life baby!), my juniors got to see me in a different light, i.e. the evanescent glow of the strobe lights. Were they amused how I’ve changed? Did I really care?

Next up was DaDa, the boy who broke Lechumi’s heart. (Lechumi being the really close friend who has progressively become more & more anti social.) “Hello boy who broke Lechumi’s heart & spirit, thus turning her into the bitter mess she is now.” I may not have been drunk but I’m always over protective of my friends. Especially friends who I think have been screwed over.

Then whiles dancing on the stage. I chanced upon the world’s largest sequin deposit, i.e. the skirt of this fairly large female. While I was snittily bitching about the skirt to The Goat, she came up to me. I was alarmed. Did she her my comment? I see no beers in her hand! I remember talking to only a handful of middle-aged whales. And this wasn’t one of them. Turned out to be my sister in law’s friend. *Phew* That was close. I didn’t feel like bitch fighting anyone that night. I wanted to keep my serenity! Everything else passed rather decently. Teks & the Goat were too fearful of their lives to ride the flying fox. I would go, but not alone. Not because I was scared but I wanted to see if I could find someone who would. Maybe next time. Maybe.

Sometime...
Can you feel the pressure just unwind? Sometime...
Sometime...
Into the day and to the night, Sometime...
Sometime...
You can make a pressure just unwind, Sometime..
Sometime...
It's for your spirit and your mind, Sometime...

Groove Armada ~ Super Stylin’

3 Comments:

Blogger savante said...

If there are no drop-dead sexy but weird beasties, it 's not worth going to a rave lah :P

7:56 AM  
Blogger AJ said...

got lah (i was there duh) but not so sexy weird lor...

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you forgot the white dude with the face kinda like one of those bel ami boys. lol

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home