Thursday, July 20, 2006

Confessions of a Blog Lurker

Hi ;) I'm the first of the guest bloggers 'Jane's lined up to (hopefully) entertain his legions of adoring fans while he's off playing kiss n' tell with Cutesy Buttes and Boring Bernves for the next coupla days.

In keeping with the General Guidelines for Anonymous Gay Bloggers this post will of course be completely...well...anonymous. :) Any similarities between persons / places mentioned in this post and anyone / place YOU know is of course purely coincidental and most likely the result of consumption / insufflation / inhalation of too many fun substances on your part.

I gotta say that even for a non-blogger like me, the rise of the blogging subculture has been pretty interesting. From being almost unheard of a coupla years back, blogging seems to have hit the mainstream in a big way. Seems like every other person you run into nowadays either HAS a blog or reads someone else's blog with near-religious intensity. I myself am a pretty consistent blog-lurker (blurker?) - I follow about, oh say, 8 blogs regularly and read another half dozen or so on a semi-occasional basis. Blurking is probably right up there with coffee for me; my PMS goes into overdrive without my daily fix. Its also a great time-waster at work (just gotta be quick with that alt-tab button).

My current obsession has gotta be food blogs. Yums. Along with sex, food has gotta be one of life's great pleasures. Given that gawking at naked virile young men at work is liable to get my ass kicked out the door faster than you can say Falcon Studios, I instead choose to satisfy my OTHER cravings and gawk at butter-poached lobsters, home-made caramel ice creams and wasabi-dressing crabcakes.
*drools
Decadent
Time to start saving up for a houseboy who can cook.
Aaanyways, as entertaining as this has been, as and much as I'd like to ramble on and drive 'Jane's readership stats into the ground, it's getting late and I have to be up in like 3 hours for work. So to increase the entertainment quotient of this post a little bit, I leave you with the following eye candy:




Dayumn. What are they feeding these kids nowadays.

Peace.

I seen a rainbow yesterday,

But too many storms have come and gone,

Leaving a trace of not one god-given ray,

Is it because my life is 10 shades of grey

I pray all 10 fade away,

Seldom praise Him for the sunny days

4 Comments:

Blogger jayandkay said...

I'm a houseboy.
I can cook.
I'm topless most of the time.

:))

10:41 AM  
Blogger Xavier said...

haha,

could actually picture u "saying" the post instead of writing it... Mr....

4:56 PM  
Blogger savante said...

Fabulous, darling. YOu can write beautifully! Time you stopped being a blurker and became a blogger!

Paul

12:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jayandkay~ luck boy, your boyfriend. lol

xavier~ lol. well if i gave you my name it wouldnt be an anonymous blog now would it? lol. having said that, we HAVE met. ;)

savante~ you're too kind. heh. i was a nerdy kid and used to take part in essay competitions. lol

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home