Friday, April 14, 2006

Invitation From The Queen

If you haven't noticed, I've not been that horny of late. So lets not talk about sex baby, lets talk about all the other good things that maybe... Lets not talk about sex. And NO! you don't get to ask who it was, a boy has to keep a few secrets!

Sure its a place of worship, but look at the pretty lanterns!


Many years ago I was an innocent student in the Land of the Rising Sun. Hard to believe, but I did frolic beneath the cherry blossoms & wore the sailor boy uniform. But to ensure you that I was (and still am) a cheeky bastard, I did drunkenly sing in the streets until the locals threatened calling the cops…

My fondest memories of Tokyo was with Inabaa & Hiro. Both of them had visited Malaysia as exchange students & they allowed me to decide where I wanted to go. Although many asked the question, more often they would skew it back to what they wanted to show me. “Yes, yes, the temple is nice, but wouldn’t it be nicer to go to a pottery place?” Sure I liked playing with clay, but like too much candy, the placed churned my stomach.

Inabaa & Hiro took me around the town to see the Asakusa Temple, then shopping & followed by buying me lunch. We ate at an okonomi yaki (Japanese savoury pancake) shop where you cooked your own food. We had one made with junk food cooked into it. Sure it tasted bad, and sure it gave me a stomach ache, but it was memorable.


Delicious-ne?


It was really nice to be treat so well by stranger (yes, even an attention whore back then). They were paying it forward because when they were in Malaysia, the Malaysians took good care of them & they wanted to return the favour. Since then I’ve always paid it forward, by playing host to tourists when possible.

Now I extend this invitation to foreign bloggers who come over to Malaysia. Get a free dinner & bad conversation from AJ, bitch queen of everything worth ruling over. If you wanna sample the non-edible local cuisine, surely I’ll oblige. Otherwise, there are no strings attached. The first blogger would have been Clint but he didn’t reply last night. Hrugaar, can't wait to meet ya!


I'm moving, I'm cuming
Can you hear what I hear?
It's calling you my dear
Out of reach
Take me to my beach
I can hear it calling you
I'm cuming, not drowning
Swimming closer to you

All Saints~ Pure Shores

9 Comments:

Blogger 4wD said...

thats not fair. Why do i have to be in malaysia to get free food?

3:48 AM  
Blogger AJ said...

Thanks for stopping by! Well, if you want free food from me you have to come visit Malaysia, otherwise I suggest you head down to your local supermarket & top up on the samples... lol

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And who was the drunkard last night?

Andrew Chua

10:08 AM  
Blogger Wild Reeds said...

Hey AJ,
Lovely post! And looking forward to visiting you in Malaysia, and having you in Bombay as well. Am adding you to my blog roll.

12:34 PM  
Blogger AJ ! Serendipity !!! said...

cool post
lol
beautiful lanterns

3:09 AM  
Blogger savante said...

Do I count as a foreign blogger ah? You know how I am with free food.

paul

7:20 PM  
Blogger Fuckkit said...

Will this invitation still be open in a couple of years? Its just that I have to do Australia first then maybe New Zealand.

11:47 PM  
Blogger AJ said...

Andrew~ Heh last nite & every weekend BABY! AJ was shit faced!

wild reeds~ Thanks! Hope to see you soon. And surely I'd like to pop over one day too...

ajay~ thanks! Japan is really full of amazingly beautiful junk like that.

paul~ Can-can but nothing price-la :oP

fuckkit~ For you darlin? Surely I keep the doors open & the nasi lemak warm!

12:16 AM  
Blogger hrugaar said...

AJ, the plan is for me to be in KL on May 4th, 5th and 7th, otherwise travelling around a bit (Genting, Singapore, Sabah, Malacca). Woud love to meet you for coffee or lunch or something.

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home