Sunday, March 19, 2006

Next Phase: AJ @ Tiesto ft Jes Rave

The short of it is:~

"Fuck Yeah Man!"
"Holly Shit I Love This Song!"
"Of Fuck Fuck Fuck! Its Jes Brieden! I So Fucking Wanted To Fucking See Her Sing Live!!"
"Your Friends Are Tripping Balls & So Am I!"
"You Okay? Chill Boy! Relax!"

The long version goes like~

It was mind blowing. I was raving mad, but so was almost everyone else. Sure there were small dramas but I haven't enjoyed myself like that since 2000! There's Me. The Music. The Man. Total Mania.

It started a lil shaky with lots of Vodka Mandrin & a lil parking trouble. But once I got out of the car and walked across the grass with the others, I felt like the music was calling me.

Damn right it was calling me! One of the first tunes I recognized was Markus Shultz ~ Without You Near. It sent a shiver down my spine. Its sort of meaningful to me because it was a part of what I shared with Ruggy. But I totally could enjoy it without any nagging pain. I was totally in my own world even when waiting for some missing group members to turn up.

We decided to go in ahead. No way we were waiting for stragglers. We got thru the gates without a hitch & proceeded to mingle with the freakishly dressed crowds. Some grasshoppers (skinny boys & girls with huge rounds shades) had assembled here & there. The cockatoos (Those with mowhawks or variations of the hair style with bright coloured clothes) were a plenty. Many were strutting their stuff & bobbing thier heads to the beat. The JKR (The guys dressed in workmen pants with reflective stickers) were at work, kicking up a storm. The hardcore ravers, the semi-nudists, the rastas, the scene queens, the strong lesbian brothers, the preppers, the skin heads & even the usual skank hos were in full force.

And there were the more casually dressed or dressed to kill. But because the squating skank hos had tits falling off their laps & the semi nudists had nibble-worthy-nips, I was constantly distracted.

Tiesto's line up began with a bang. Well several bangs. Tho I swear some of the Scene Queens would have like to have been shagging in the bushes, the bangs came mostly from the fireworks, the light show & Tiesto. The man did not dissapoint. He delivered and gave something extra.

He brought Jes Brieden along to actually preform live. If you ever hear her haunting voice on tracks like Waterfall (which she performed), Inocente or Around You, you would be feel haunted. Jes Brieden is a superb vocalist & I used to debate with others if she really could do the pitch or was it digitally altered. The seductive sound of her voice enchanted as she delivered every note on key.

For her second bit she did some crowd lifting. When she asked the crowd "Do any of you know this song? I haven't sung it in Malaysia Before..."

I wanted her to know I've listen to that very song atleast once a week. I wanted her that she was the heated topic of debate for Ruggy & I many a time. Her voice in the colaboration that is Motorcycle (with Gabriel & Dresden) spun the latice that is As The Rush Comes. To put it all in focus, I felt just like how a disco diva would have felt if he was to be dancing to Madonna singing Hung Up in a disco filled with cute studs. I went insane.

I did some dancing & raving like I havent done in a while. I was so pumped by the music in my chest that I danced with an opened bottle of warm beer in my back pants pocket. It tasted like shit & it oozed down my socks when I danced but I couldnt be fucked. I drank all I could, maybe even a bit more.

I spent and enjoyed so much time alone with myself like never before. I didn't need anyone but myself & Tiesto. But even so I knew friends were always close by. Not even once, I did not try to pick anyone up cos I didn't want to. I was where I wanted to be.

But I was rowdy fun loving to everyone. Nobody made me a Bitch Pole (someone to rest on). I was vocal, bitchy & bizzarre. I smoked a shitload of fags but the 3 fag free days to heal my cough had kept my throat strong. (But I'm not advocating smokes. All fags are bad, except the cock sucking ones.)

I, like the thousands others there were happy. There were times that I swear I could almost feel the the happy vibes of others passing thru me, engulfing the crowd. The rippples of every happy raver multiplying as we each added more into the energy. Damn it felt almost spiritual.

Even though I could have stayed till dawn, I could tell the others were ready to leave. As I left I felt happy & confident that better things were yet to come. I did feel like sharing my joy with Ruggy but I didnt need do. It would have been great to have him there cos I know how much he loves Tiesto. But it was just as well I didnt need him there.

When I got back, I ate a lil & slept a lil. By nine I was ready for brunch with my dear goat, duff, wjee & will. After that, some of us hit the gym & I spent time burning the extra calories off. Even during coffee after that, I stil had Tiesto in my head, and I still do. How much longer will it last, I don't need to know. I don't care.


I surface from the haze
i see the real reasons why
I'm so over my head
it seems
unclear mistakes it's hold
our whole world is gonna break
it's crumbling so easily

but you are the only one i want you to know
who will get under my skin
so if i dare to try, i dare ..
i'll prove to you it's not a waste
and this is not our last goodbye

those other thrills
cause i've got a better place to go
been out of my head, you'll see
i wanna take a taste
in this old violent light's chambers
they're burning me like gasoline

but you are the only one i need you to know
you know i'm always there
so if i dare to try, i dare to try
i'll prove to you it's not a waste
and this is not our last goodbye

i see a rainbow bleeding out of the sun
and i feel my adrenaline before it's already begun
and i tried to tell you but you've not listened
but we know...it all pours out of me

like a waterfall
like a waterfall
it all pours out of me ...

Solarstone and Jes Brieden - Like A Waterfall

11 Comments:

Blogger hrugaar said...

Grasshoppers and cockatoos, lar. :oD

3:53 PM  
Blogger AJ said...

hrugaar~ You are such a dear dear man. You actually read the whole thing huh? I actually forgot to mention the shufflers-la :oP

4:07 PM  
Blogger QUIK! said...

People summarised the event in 2 words, 'Fucking Amazing',... really ar?

6:02 PM  
Blogger AJ said...

quik~ Yeah! I'm stil buzzin on the high I got..

11:55 PM  
Blogger hrugaar said...

Of course I read the whole thing, aj. Shufflers??

1:30 AM  
Blogger AJ said...

Shufflers are those who like they are dancing on a treadmill... Heh... But its all really cool

5:28 PM  
Blogger savante said...

Gah!! Clubspeak! :O

paul

5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried shuffling once on a beach, and ended up on my ass. It was dark and some kid had dug a moat. :(

And I'm ashamed to say that I've never been to a rave. I seem to be missing out on a lot.

1:37 AM  
Blogger Fuckkit said...

Tiesto + gym = Orgasm.

Although lord only knows how you managed the gym the day after a rave?!?

3:42 AM  
Blogger AJ said...

jamie~ Next time ur back, you are coming with me!

fuckkit~ I'm supprised that I could do the gym myself. It was the alcohol, yeah thats it..... heh

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » » »

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home