Saturday, February 25, 2006

So What Are We Doing Wrong??


Too many of my friends, myself included seem to be having the same problem:- The Men Are Jerks Syndrome. Smart, capable & beautiful; we seem to be having problems finding Mr or Miss Right. Although we all have fabulous circles of friends & doting families, I've been presented the same problem of the Men Are Jerks Syndrome over & over again. And this horrible disease seems to be spreading faster than highschool gossip. It affects my friends & their friends from all the different stages of my life so far, even including the fabulous little boys.

Mostly at the 20 something age range, we are all having difficulty meeting and holding on to that special someone. Believe it or not, all that zest for partying & being social has been subdued by commitments to family, friends & work. Throw in a fitness regiment & there's barely time to shoe shopping, yet alone man-hunting. Sure some lucky b*tches like Wil (of Confetti in the Wind fame) has landed his fanciful sex-on-tap boyfriend, but for many of us, finding a decent-looking trustable man, with a heart of gold, who is on the same wavelength in damn near impossible.

No, we aren't choosy. Its not that we want a trophy-partner, a sugar daddy or even a guardian angel. We just want someone witty, presentable, trustable & thrusting, i.e a equal. Standards are important because blindly following your heart can lead to disaster. For the example, the guy I hate with a passion, F*ck Face The Fugly (Its not that he is fugly on the outside, its that inside he is a manupulative & calculative 2 bit cross-eyed whore). He used to change boyfriends almost monthly. Once he even got attached to a guy who he knew was already in a serious relationship. Like a bitch in heat he sniffs drama out & whines about it constantly. Unlike him, we don't need to add to the drama of our lives.

Even with our high standards, we try to help Mr or Ms Right get to us. We all have tried numerous ways of meeting people including going to places of religious worship, networking functions, gyms, weddings, parties, bars, lounges, & discos. But we only end up with jerks, or messy situations; or worst of all no response. Then there are speed dating, online chatrooms, dating profile sites, & blogs, which do work. But so far, just not for us.

Some of us have unadmitedly given up hope, & prepare ourselves for a companion-less future. Some are so scared of emotional scars, they panic & subconciously sabotage our own relationship. Although being indefinately single has its perks, we all could use some tenderness to help us sleep better. So what are we doing wrong?


As I sit here watching TV
The memories come seeping slowly
A swig of drink
A puff of smoke
And I wonder where all the smoke goes
You're so far far away...

Far far away from me...
As hold my guitar painfully
For no tune or melody comes to me
I fell down on my knees and prayed
Hoping someone hears me but,
On deaf ears falls my plea

The nails are slowly closing in,
And my soul captured within
Soon the flood and I are one
As I look outside a new day has begun
Untitled~ Written by a fellow victim of Men Are Jerks Syndrome

13 Comments:

Blogger Fuckkit said...

Maybe you're looking to hard? Just chill out, relax, he'll show up eventually :)

7:17 AM  
Blogger hrugaar said...

Trouble is, it occurs to me that we're the men - so maybe we're the other guys' jerks. What a humiliating thought. :o(

8:50 AM  
Blogger Mr RM said...

im sure there is someone waiting for you in rainbowland.....

8:40 AM  
Blogger savante said...

ru, we can't all be jerks. Sigh! Where are the good guys?

Paul

7:31 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

I agree - it's always good to find someone thrusting. :-p

Just think of it this way - in every romance movie, you only hook up with Mr Right and get the happily-ever-after ending at the END of the movie. Right now you're still in the middle of your movie. This is the bit where you're stumbling around spilling coffee on yourself and breaking a heel on your way to work.

And then one morning...

8:25 AM  
Blogger hrugaar said...

Paul, I had thought we were the good guys. *sigh* Maybe that says that good guys just aren't as obviously attractive as jerks. :o(

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i so share the feeling. where are the good guys that are interested in me?!!

and jay dearie, i'm nearing my movie ending so could mr right make his entrance like now?! because i'm sick and tired of waiting (and i want that sex on tap dammit!)

10:11 AM  
Blogger 'drew said...

I have witnessed first hand the Men Are Jerks Syndrome, so many horror stories about guys from my girlfriends, I'm a little apprehensive about finding someone. Prehaps I'm destined to be in a permanent state of bachelorhood, or I'm just not trying hard enough...

11:56 AM  
Blogger ça va pas la tête said...

it's a big big ocean outside there, throw in your net...... and choose what you want!

12:36 PM  
Blogger canardbidon said...

i love men! they can't be jerks!!

3:44 PM  
Blogger Derek said...

AJ dear, you will find the guy for you, the one who is totally crazy over you, one day.

Like Jay said, you're not near the end of the movie yet ...

*hugs*

4:52 PM  
Blogger Dildos said...

Aiyo so angry.

You just described me with your last para dear. Was it on purpose? heheheheheh

Hang it there. Things will be ok, as it always does.

ta

6:33 PM  
Blogger Will said...

Hruugar's right. WE are jerks to other men too! I admit I've been jerked around, and I have jerked around my share.

I guess we shud stop being jerks, and also trusting (not thrusting) fools and just not think about it too much.

You don't need a bf to have sex on tap anyway, you're living proof of that.

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home