Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Avoiding Parental Corners

There's a coldness in the air but i don't care.... *hum hum hum*

I've been carrying this tune in my head for the longest time. Even if I look lost all the time & bump into things, it doesnt matter cos I feel happy on the inside. Even when faced with the worst question of all "SO WHEN ARE YOU GETTING MARRIED?"

For f*cks sake! I hate being asked this by my father & his friends. On Monday the conversation turned a bit hostile....

"So why don't you ever introduce me to any of your girlfriends?"
"Why should I? Don't you have enough without having to resort to stealing?"
"I'm not happy. I want a granddaughter.."
"So I'm suppose to get married & have whiney brats just because you aren't happy? "
"But you haven't introduced me to any of your girlfriends. Not since *Insert name of sexy European Blonde"
"There is a perfectly good reason to that...."
"Don't tell me I didn't bring you up right..."
"Did you? Are you sure?"

Damn I was pissed off & I'd made sure he knew it. My life is my life & he can't force me into any corners. Sure I tell a tall tale or two but I've never brought anyone to meet them. Not because I can't, not because I don't want to, but because they are a f*cking bunch of freaks & should be locked up. My father honestly believes there is nothing wrong in telling total strangers (women included) that all women are evil money grabbing cunts.

Then there is the "homosexuals are sick weak perverts" talk that I have to bear & shrug off. Sometimes I wonder what makes people so scared of something they don't understand, to the point where they have to belittle others to get their rise. I almost shouted "well dad, your son is a cock sucking fag & its thanks to your wonderful genetics/upbring."

But I didn't. After awhile I wasn't even listening because really, in my mind I was still at the rave watching the sweat roll down the chests of the many cute guys. Unlike Legolas who recently built up the courage to tell his family of his sexuality, I will never have "the talk" with my family. Sure there are families open enough to embrace their son's difference like Mikey & his super hot but straight brother. But why should I? My sister can clearly guess it without me having to say a word. So like most situations that I hate but have to get through, I just grin & slip into my own little world. Its easier to ignore the bad things I can't change. I refuse to waste my effort or time. I'm too fabulous for that shit...



There's a coldness in the air
but i don't care....
(Embrace me...surround me)

Travelling somewhere
could be anywhere
there's a coldness in the air
but i don't care
we drift deeper
life goes on
we drift deeper
into the sound


(Embrace me...surround me.. as the rush..)

Travelling somewhere
could be anywhere
there's a coldness in the air
yeah but i don't care
we drift deeper into the song
life goes on
we drift deeper into the sound
feeling strong

so bring it on so bring it onnnn
we drift deeper into the song
life goes on
we drift deeper into the sound
feeling strong
so bring it on so bring it onnnn
we drift deeper........

we drift deeper life goes on
we drift deeper drift deeper
we drift deeper into the song
life goes on
we drift deeper into the sound
feeling strong
so bring it on so bring it onnnn
we drift deeper into the song
life goes on
we drift deeper into the sound
feeling strong
so bring it on so bring it onnnn

embrace me ...
surround me...
as the rush comes
as the rush comes
as the rush comes
as the rush comes
as the rush comes
as the rush comes
as the rush comes
as the rush comes
as the rush comes
as the rush comes
as the rush comes
as the rush comes...

Motorcycle ~ As The Rush Comes

9 Comments:

Blogger savante said...

Poor guy. I might not be superhot but come here and lemme give you a hug.

Paul

5:07 PM  
Blogger Derek said...

Heh. Totally understand what you feel.

Hope you cheer up soon though

*hugs* to you too

6:03 PM  
Blogger AJ said...

Thanks guys but I'm really just venting. It really can't be that bad. There is something a brewin' in me and I'm letting it all out.

10:41 PM  
Blogger hrugaar said...

Maybe your sister can provide the grandchildren and let you off the hook. My sister did that, thank goodness. :o)

2:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, poor AJ. You are too fantabulous to be furious about the talk. It's your life. Nobody else's. What makes you the most comfy is the key. :-)

I am out to my parents but they still go "Aren't you getting settled yet???".. oh fudge it.

4:11 AM  
Blogger Fuckkit said...

"but I'm really just venting"

Well what else are blogs for? :)

3:34 AM  
Blogger AJ said...

hrugaar~ My brother already gave him a grandson so he really is just bitching

shigeki~ Your parents are pretty cool! I remember your story where your father goes "oh why don't you marry him already"

fuckkit~ Yes crazy cake lady! You seem to always know the truth

9:14 AM  
Blogger Spot said...

Make roti babi, and the world will seem a little better!

10:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sigh.. not everyone understands ...just keep the act going for as long as you can..until you get caught or somethin'

Good luck!

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home