Friday, January 13, 2006

Just Like Incest, Only Legal!

If you grew up in a small town, like I did, and dated amongst your friends, you should understand the term "legal incest" all too well. Eventhough you aren't related to the people you dated by blood, you certainly grew up with them & know them inside out. There are so many secrets, which everyone thinks no one knows, but everyone actually knows everything. Sprt of like a certain queer who hasn't comed out to his friends but everyone knows is gay...

In the spirit of the Lunar New Year, which is just around the corner, I thought I share a the story of one of those incidents that no one ever talks about.

You see, when you grow up in a small town, you tend to date amongst your friends. So after knowing each other for 20 odd years or so, you tend to have the oddest ties with the people you grew up with. About 2 years ago, my cousin (male), his ex girl friend (who was best friends with my "god-sister"), my "god-sister" (who has slept with one of my male friends), myself (slut) and 2 other male friends (who have dated my cousin's girl friend & I somewhat fancy) got into a bit of a tangle.

I would really like to blame the ample Jack Daniels, Swing & other alcohols, but really, at that time we ALL could drink like fish & were really just kidding ourselves when we claimed that we were too drunk to know what was going on & just needed to lie down.

It all began rather innocently as all 6 of us piled up on my friend's king size bed.

The evening began with statements like...
"Move over-la, not enough space."

progressed to...
"But I can't move, why don't you just lie on stomach."

further developed into...
"Ummm... Your hair smells so nice, what shampoo do you use?"

which proceeded to...
"Can you give me a massage? my shoulders' sore...Ohh Yeah"

leading to...
"Nice tatoo, I'm gonna lick it"

that became...
"that feels nice... Who's hand issit anyway?"

the realization of
"...this is so f*cking crazy!"

and ended with...
"OH SHIT! I FORGOT TO LOCK THE DOOR! WAS THAT MY MOTHER OR MY BROTHER?? F*CK! F*CK! F*CK!!"

Yeap. We never spoke of it again, but we all were very concious of what happened. Sort of like last nite when I had dinner with 2 of my exs, Rubbery Ruggy, Busy Buzz & their fag hag, Blue Bolivia. It was like the giant pink elephant in the rooom was hypnotizing us into constant pointless banter, ergo we remember the sh!t that we've done. (Just for the record, we have never all orgied togather.) Now, I have those damn books back & don't have to see Ruggy again. But I'll bump into him sooner or later, coz we socialize in small circles.

I'm cool with small circles cos I've enough practice in my hometown. The thing to remember is, parents in small towns socialize in small circles too, & ALWAYS lock the door when you go crazy...

*Heh* Its gonna be an eventful Lunar New Year, as always.


Nobody said it was easy
Aww It’s such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be so hard
I’m goin’ back to the start
Coldplay~ The Scientist

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I am scandalised...and a little envious too.

Is that disturbing?

4:16 PM  
Blogger savante said...

What kinda friends do you have :) Can I meet them?

Paul

4:22 PM  
Blogger AJ said...

jups~ Its a lil disturbing yes, but it hasnt happened in a while.

Paul~ Sure you can meet them if ya willing to pay for the alcohol!

5:39 PM  
Blogger ça va pas la tête said...

heheheh wow wow wow. It's getting hot in here... LOL

12:21 PM  
Blogger canardbidon said...

i always wondered how it would be growing up in a small town... (or equivalently, a big family) ...i'ld probably have liked it very much.. esp. considering my couple of years at a small town uni were some of the best in my life... and yes, more 'fun' goes on in small places than u would imagine :)

1:13 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

I like how you called it a 'tangle' :-p I don't think any amount of alcohol or narcotics would ever make me get in bed with girls though.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Arroclint said...

orgies rock man!!!

3:35 PM  
Blogger Once the Conman said...

Yep... this was funny.
Orgies... suck by the way.

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol, now I know what's missing in my CNY gatherings.

8:31 PM  
Blogger AJ said...

tete~ all we can in small towns is get really drunk & do crazy things.. wink.

canard~ Most certainly small towns can be fun! Just look at Orange County! lol. But seriously its no fun if you don't have a big city to run away to recouperate...

jay~ Fooling around with girls is cool (with me). Its so totally different from guys...

clint~ OK!! Next time I'll send you an invitation. HAHA!

conman~ Hey! I'd think orgies are really different for straight people & gay people. I think a full post is needed to analyse this..

jamie~ be careful what you ask for...you might just have to follow me home to get it!

ben~ Yeah, hillarious isn'tit?

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home