Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Happy Deepavali to Me (and everyone else)

I could be considered selfish because I put myself first. But putting myself first is something everyone has to learn to do to survive or so I feel. Love thy family, love thy friends & love thy neighbour. But not as much as you love yourself.

The Indian neighbour that my father (who is chinese btw, in case you were wondering) was best friends with; then hated for a few years; and now is best friends with again was the only indian at my father deepavali barbeque. But thats really nice because he doesnt have many friends in the area. But I actually suspected that there was a more malicious reason for the cheerful monday night pot luck-barbeque.

Several months ago at a simmilar "just because its near a festival" barbeque, my father told me a bit of news. Without my mother, but half the town including cousins, uncles & aunts present, he told me he needed to divorce my mother. He NEEDED to divorce my mother so he could legally bring in his new whore-bride to live legally in our home. Pissed off but unfortunately pissed drunk I told him to do what he wanted & left him and everyone to their merry making. I proceeded to toss the rest of the night away in my locked bedroom.

Can ya blame me for suspecting ulterior motives? But this time nothing happened. But thats most probably cos I was smart enough to only have one Johnny Walker Coke & proceed to be alone as soon as I had enough to eat.

Well I also left because I was sick of his friends, his workers & my uncles asking me the same question. " So you came back alone?" First few times I can be polite about it but after the 20th person, being the sexually confused whale that slobbers on people asked me, I had to grunt & leave graciously.

"YES of-bloody-hell-course I came back alone! None of my fcuked up siblings were willing to spend time to see the bloody old man who decided he needed a bitch less than half his age to make him happy. My mother is also pissed-off-neurotic-scared-shitless-affraid-of-coming-back because she doesn't know what cursed shit she will have to deal with next. Oh and of course I would most certainly not bring any girlfriends back to meet you sick people because she would be worried for her safety."

Not that I could bring back a girlfriend really.... Ruggy would look awful in a wig & sari. He simply has hairy thighs.

I couldn't truely smile about anything in front of my father no matter how much I tried. We sat down during some uncomfortable silences & I told him why I wasnt at his party. He didnt understand very well. But it doesnt matter anymore. I didnt trust him. I didn't trust the new look to my home. I didn't trust the safety of the bread. I didn't trust anyone. No wait, I don't trust anyone. But that doesn't mean I have to have a misserable time.... Or infect my friends with this attitude. Happy Deepavali guys!


Ain’t nobody
Loves me better
Makes me happy
Makes me feel this way
Ain’t nobody
Loves me better than me

I wait for night time to come
And bring me to me
Can’t believe I’m the one

Chaka Khan~ Ain't Nobody (AJ's AJ remix)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.tekila-et-ses-amis.net/ 89017097594 http://www.hd-digitalsat.com/ 21444791431 http://www.isabelmarantsneakerspascher.info/
Hello. And Bye.

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home