Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Whats in the Name AJ?

The kind of labels I absolutely will not wear are those that aim to define me. I refuse to be defined! I simply will not succumb to the pressure of being labelled.
Given the simple fact that I have chosen AndroJane as my name, I tought it was clear that I do not wish to be pigeon holed by anyone. There is no simple category to define me, my style or my tastes.

I believe I have the choice to change my mind. I have the choice to be who I want to be. Especially so online where rapists can pretend to be little girls & chat with coppers who pretend to be little girls too. Don't judge me if you don't know me!

I may not be totally comfortable with my sexuality but I'm comfortable being me. Somedays I wish I was slimmer or I was sexier but I get by just fine with my God-given looks! I have been attracted to all sorts of men, beanstalks, hobbit, honey in the sunshine, snow-flakes, bug eyed weeping willows, painted goats (of course the goat gets special mention), sacks of potatoes, scarecrows etc.... Choosing between men is like choosing between diamonds and pearls. What ever suits your mood best.

If there is one trait in anyone I value above the rest is the ability to think. Think open mindedly & creatively. Just because I have expressed my like of chocolate cake doesnt mean I'm not a sucker for vanilla ice cream! I will eat what I want to, when I want to. I will not let you classify me like some bug you collect off your windshield.

I am AndroJane. Hear me (and my peeps) Roar!

an·drog·y·nous
adj.
1. Biology having both female and male characteristics; hermaphroditic.

(Errm not this one. I assure you, I may act like a queen but I'm all man.)
2. Being neither distinguishably masculine nor feminine, as in dress, appearance, or behavior.

(Yes yes! This is the root word of AndroJane!)

[From Latin androgynus, hermaphrodite, from Greek androgunos]
The name androjane was meant to be read as An-dro-Ja-ney i.e androgyny!
Gettit? Gettit? Yes? Sadly, not many do...

Nothing in life is set in stone
There's nothing that can't be turned around
Nobody wants to be alone
Everybody wants to love someone
Out of the tree go pick a plum
Why can't we all just get along?
(Boys) Boys in the girls room
(Girls) Girls in the men's room
You free your mind in your androgyny

(Boys) Boys in the quarter
(Girls) They're getting harder
I'll free your mind and your androgyny

Garbage~ Androgyny

9 Comments:

Blogger Mr RM said...

Long Live The Queen... hee hee

I think you got a super-cool name... Weird, but cool!

By the way, do you know, by your name, writing style, your choice of colours, etc etc, you give out a projection of being a Malaysian-Indian.... at least,that's what some of my friend said ....

1:30 PM  
Blogger Derek said...

Hey AJ

Ooh, love that song by Garbage.

And thanks for the little explanation about the name. Though NOW it makes sense, I always thought that Andro is from androgen - the male sex hormone. ;P

LOL

Derek

1:41 PM  
Blogger Dildos said...

aiyo....... u r so complicated.

somemore hor, very versatile.. especially with ur men type.

tata

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thot the meaning of your name is clear as day?

Am actually quite jealous because you managed to coin such a cool moniker while i'm stuck with my own parents-given name for all the net to see!

so there, someone at least does understand you.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I did get it, but I was unsure whether to infer the intended meaning. And yeah I always think of that song...boys in the corner, they're getting harder...
How naughty!

go get em tiger!

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I guess what i read about you on this blog is a tip of iceberg. But it can be applied to anybody. We are all different sided with various tones. :-) that's what makes life more interesting.

I love your name by the way. How cool is that?

11:54 PM  
Blogger AJ said...

he he.. now everyone shold understand why I am AJ. Yay!

Kitjar: Please don't label me. Really, its bad karma. I really pointed out the whole "I like all sorts of guys" so that you know I'm not only into hairy arab boys.

Derek: Well it does partly imply androgen as well I guess. Garbage is so totally cool!

wjee: *Roll eyes* Only me lah? You leh? lol

Asmadi: Thanks! I was begining to think noone would ever get it! You know you could always go by Muddy or something else? But I think Asmadi is pretty cool as it is!

Jups: I knew you would! You are really one special gal!

Shigeki: How cool is that? Its almost as cool as you!

10:04 AM  
Blogger Spot said...

i got the wordplay too. but was more attracted by the kemek chicken avatar. explain that!

yeah, never did like pigeonholes either. but people love making assumptions.

11:19 AM  
Blogger savante said...

Oh, you punya nama dari sana! I always thought you just liked something unusual.

Paul

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home