Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Heading South

I really have some lucid dreams. Sometimes my imagination escapes me & flies to far away cities for long distance adventures. Fueled by literature, there have been times I have walked amongst the grand mansions of "The American South"....

If you were to read my last meME, you would see that I wanted to visit New Orleans in all its old world- rebuilt in a new world splendor. The city has always been so lovingly & so luciously described in pictures & print. Looks like that dream has to be either postponed 'till the rebuild the city. Even then it will never be the same again.

F**K my imagination. F**K my ideal holiday. A whole city has been destroyed. What is more distressing is the lack of humanity that was displayed. My prayers go out to New Orleans & the rest of the world. We have screwed around with Mother Nature too much...

Doesn't anyone else see the signs?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you hae a great blog there. I am definitely going to book mark you!

um... I already did. :-)

New Orleans is (was) such a magical place though I am pretty sure it will never be the same again like you said. However, I am also certain people will eventually go back and the music will go back there. but it takes some time... I hope it will be a better protected city when it is back to normal. Let's hope it won't take long.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Guess Anne Rice'll have to find another setting for her books.

3:37 AM  
Blogger Derek said...

Yup, the woeful and late response given by the US government is really frustrating.

I heard on the news today that billions have been spent on national security and anti-terrorism that not much is left for the National Guard and the emergency teams.

This is what you get when there's a cowboy in the White House.

8:08 AM  
Blogger AJ said...

Thanks everyone! (Except the guy who spammed me cos I have no Idea what an adword equalizer is)But stil..

Shigeki: The people make it extra special (Or so I would hope). Wat was really annoying was how the Associated Press had an article calling this disaster the next great black migration!

Jay: Yes she will! And a lot of other people too! I just saw an add clearly depicting the mardi gras in New Orleans....

derek: That is so true! zi hate it when people suffer for the sake of political agenda.

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home