Monday, August 29, 2005

Dilemma ~ Oh... Uncle AJ

The last post was really more an introspective note for me to recall one day into the future when I feel up to reading what I actually wrote. Reading my own personal writing always sends shivers down my back. This post on the other hand is for all your blog-verts out there (yes you who just like me, enjoy peeving into other peoples lives).

Today there was a short pause as both I and my "china gurl" workmate tried to enter my room. I decided that although a gentleman should always open a door for a lady, a charming-cheeky "Ladies first" would result in her opening the door and me seem like more of a *Ahhem* Ladies Man.

Wrong! She responded with a "No uncle, seniors first"

OUCH! Not that I'm close to retirement but I'm only about 3 years older than her. Isn't bad enough that I'm in the midst of my quarter-life crisis (seems to be lasting forever), now I have little girls from china calling me "Uncle"! (Uncle is sort of like the polite way to address an older person. sort of like using Mister in some countries)

I know its a joke, but dammit! The whole bloody office is close to calling me Uncle AJ! And everyone else is older than me! Sure I'm more anally retentive than most, but they DO ask me for to help!

*Pout* I won't be nice the next time someone has so really stupid question....
Hey AJ, what audio softwear is best? (use MSN messenger, really)
How do you convert mcg to IU? (very carefully)
How do you get to USJ? (you drive)

What ya think? shouldn't *uncles* be too old/busy/outdated to help out :o{P

Funny how i blind myself
I never knew if i was sometimes played upon
Afraid to lose I'd tell myself what good you do
Convince myself
Its My Life ~ No Doubt

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, so I should slash my wrist and be dead is what you you meant????

You are still young. Enjoy the young youthful time while it lasts!

10:58 PM  
Blogger AJ said...

no dear, what i meant was that since they think i am old, i should act more annoyingly towards them. I know I'm stil young... just like you...

9:02 AM  
Blogger Derek said...

AJ honey

We know you are young. You are only a year older than me! And I am definitely young. LOL.

It's just a bad day and you can forget about it.

Derek

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Zocor skin joints San adreas cars http://www.acyclovirherpessimplex.info/Automotive-thermometer.html Free ga car title search car dealers in willard oh ohio 132 kv circuit breaker manufacturer china malaysia korea England car dealer

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. »

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home