Monday, September 05, 2005

AJ's facination with goats~ a pictorial journey

"Just like everyday, this is as good as it gets"
- Anne Hathaway, Princess Diaries

Thats how I felt this morning as I looked into the mirror & hoped for someting better. But I suippose, in REAL life, we all have to work had to get what we want. That aside, let me explain my facination with goats a bit. My best friend-ex is known as The Goat due to certain traits which I will try to explain with pictures of goats. Needless to say, this is of my few outlets of coping with boredom.

Being the first animal to be domesticated, the goat has played numerous roles thruout history. Goats can be found climbing the Alps, muching away the Australian bush & many a goat farm. Historically, sailors leave goats on islands that they stop at so they would have something to eat on their way back. Anyone who has ever munched on mutton knows a good goat is hard to find. Interestingly, a hard goat is good to find too...

This is your typical monotonus goat, commonly found on goat milk bottles & goat milk soap products. Pretty isnt she? But don't be fooled by that "senyum kambing" (goat smile in malay). There is more to goats than meets the eye.

Another goaty trait as suggest by this picture is bleating. Although most goats go "meek" "meek" "meek", the goat I know does more of a "baa" "baa" "baa". Some say he is unique, others think he is just difficult.

Goats driven by inherent traits can be all too "the drama queen". This lil fella for example is a fainting goat, a special breed of painted goat that muscles freeze up causing it to tip over each time it is scared or excited. Yeap, even at feeding time, the first thing a fainting goat does is to take a tumble...

This is an African Pygmy Goat. The name of the goat itself is a mouthful. On a "totally unrelated issue", lately there has been an increasing occurance of unnatural sex acts involving goats in Africa... Look at those full hips & tell me you can resist the urge.. To poke fun at it...

After the long abandonment, Australian Ferral Goats, just like this one, have developed their own style and unique look. Think of it like a cuddly panda, only with evil horns, menacing hooves & eating everything in sight...

Goats can be glamourous. Although they may look like sheep from a Disney cartoon, these are actually are dyed angora goats. Notice how easy it is to get them into a submissive position with some Hay.

This is the original mountian goat from the saying "agile as a mountian goat". Unfortunately licking anti-freeze wont help it skip over parking lots or avoid traffic. Maybe goats weren't meant for big city life?

This is a little disturbing. A kid with a beard. Who the hell dresses up their children as goats? Btw my nephew was born in the year of the goat, and yes I would buy him this suit... if only it was sold on some online erotica site.

Despite their association with the devil, goats can be spiritually enlightening, just like this ancient tibetan mural. I called it "karmic mutton kurma"

Goats try their best to be punctual, but sometimes their busy schedule of taunting other barnyard animals & chewing cud makes them a lil late. For a goat day at work, try saying "goat morning" to people in the office. Very amusing.

The final image (for now). Goats are all really kids at heart. Be kind and gentle with these adorable animals, if not you may end up with hoof marks. Remember, their baa is worse than their bite...



I dont know what it is,
That makes me feel like this,
I dont know who you are,
But you must be some kind of superbaa,
Coz you goat all eyes on ewe no matter where ewe are,
(you just make me wanna play)

Jamelia ~ Super star (Goaty Remix)

7 Comments:

Blogger Mr RM said...

geez, i have never seen the word goat being repeated these many times.......... urrrrrggggghhhhhhh

1:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You've goat to be kidding me!

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice post. You crack me up. Though I don't have any good impression about them. I have no idea why...

But there is a year of the goat? hmmm... I didn't know.

5:25 PM  
Blogger AJ said...

Thanks for the goat oppinions

kitjar: Well goats are just so cool.. I can't help myself!

drops of jupiter: Yes, it is infectious. Soon you will be talking about goats too, without realizing it.

shigeki: The year of the goat/sheep is the year before the year of the monkey (latest was 2003). And if you wanna know more about goats, head down to the petting section in the ueno zoo

9:41 AM  
Blogger Dildos said...

who is goat?

3:39 PM  
Blogger SC said...

oh for goats sake.. stop making goat jokes lah, the sheep has sailed years ago :P

12:16 AM  
Blogger AJ said...

wjee: You know the goat... its the one I and duff always hang out with.. lol

sc: You can't help it either so there:P

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home