Friday, August 26, 2005

Advice to a stranger

"I miss him so much!" sob~ sob~ "I really miss him so much!" She didn't get it. This poor young thing didn't know the truth about most men~ Most men are jerks. It didn't matter how much she missed him, he is most prolly busy bonking some other chick whiles she moaned.

Really.

She was being cradled by two of her friends as they tried to get her into the lift. (Drunk most prolly!) I was not about to share a lift with them, simply because I didn't need to hear anymore! I seen this many times before. Too many times.

Men are opportunistic. Men get bored easily. Men don't care so much about feelings. If I have learnt anything about human nature, it is that the truly good men (and women) are few & far between. Men can promise the moon but if they make good on the promise is another thing. We are jerks.

Yes.. Sadly even I have been a jerk at times.

If I could tell all women one thing it would be to trust men cautiously. Women tend to be emotional creatures. I have seen women (and men) cheated by others, simply because they trusted too much. Call me a frigid bitch but we must be careful of who we give our hearts to.
Circumstances can change.
People change.
People get desprate.
People get listless...

But if you have a good man, hold on to him close & cherish him. But always, ALWAYS be alert for signs that things have changed. Same goes for anyone. You see, its better to be safe than slobbering drunk whiles your friends try to get you into the lift. Keep your chin up, you always can start over!
Who amongst us hasn't bounced back even after the worst disaster?
Bounce babies bounce!

If I could tell the world just one thing
It would be that we're all ok
And not to worry because worry is wasteful
and useless in times like these
I will not be made useless
I won't be idled with despair
I will gather myself around my faith
for light does the darkness most fear

Jewel ~ Hands

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

my friend and i discussed this over lunch just now. a friend of ours got dumped after 10 years(!) of being in a relationship with this guy. his excuse: I need more time to think this over. right after that she heard he's seeing someone else.

Oh yeah, men are jerks alright (with the exception of me of course as i'm one of the few & far between :D)

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well said! well said!! *clap* *clap*

6:23 PM  
Blogger Dildos said...

The problem is sometimes we prefer the "bastard" over the boy next door?

Not to say the boi next doot don't cheat or get bored?

OMG...what am i saying?

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I haven't gone this far lately. I mean my friends tell me I am not a realtionship material and I have realized lately that I only attract kinky guys. What's up with that? I need to be able to talk about stuff like this! pleeeeeze.

7:20 PM  
Blogger mikey said...

Well...sometimes, it's better to be single and fabulous with lots of fabulous sisters than having men who only know how to screw us.

But I guess it's how you take charge of the situation with men. If you can't handle it and you feel hopeless being with him, get out. If you love him and he loves you (more!), God bless you.

wjee...the "bastard" is still a bastard at the end of the day.

11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey women can be plenty nasty too. My friend got registered for marriage with his girlfriend of 10 years and 1 year later she wanted out coz she said she didn't think they were suitable together. Of course that meant a divorce. Later he found out she was seeing someone else.

Poor man he used to cry at work all the time.

But you're right Jane, cherish him, but always be on the guard. Always.

8:30 AM  
Blogger Dildos said...

well i have always prefered hanging out with my sistas.

i was never a relationship material myself, with one exception, of course.

Guess, i can be a bastard too.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Dildos said...

If a person wait for 10 years to marry someone... that's a bad sign.

Probably hoping for someone better to come along?

12:56 PM  
Blogger Will said...

I always think it's better to be single than be in a bad relationship, so I totally agree with Mikey.

Wait for those few and far in between, and be make sure you're not a jerk yourself!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How did the toilet testing go?
Giggle

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wjee: he wuz studying still, and boy wuz his course long

7:29 PM  
Blogger AJ said...

Thanks everyone! Being a jerk comes all too naturally to all of us!

To everyone that has been hurt before: *hugs*

We can't always choose who we love or who loves us, but we can continue to look for our ideal, or close to it. (And monitor them discressionally)

And the toilet testing? Well lets say the bloody product says 1000 flushes... So we are all still flushing away!

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! »

3:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home