Wednesday, September 07, 2005

AJ~ He is so Vain!

And they say..
She's so Lucky
She's a star
But she cry cry cries in her lonely heart
Thinking, if there's nothing missing in my life
Then why do these tears come at night?
Britney Spears~ Lucky

This is a little over dramatized post. If you really wish to proceed, you may wanna really concentrate.....

I have been blessed with some of the hunkiest lovers and bestest friends. Even my family is actually more supportive than they really need to be. But stil, there are days when they make me cry. Not full out "little girl boo hoo hoo~ I want my Ruggy" but rather they make me more emotional than I need to be.

Yesterday, I was suppose to have dinner with a dear friend. He had an earlier appointment so we were suppose to meet at about 9, when his meeting was over.
at 6.53 the first sms read~ call you when I'm done
at 9.00 the next sms read ~ sorry going to be a late, about 9.30-10.00
at 9.41 the next sms read ~ still not done yet, hope you havent eaten your sister in desperation
at 10.00 the next sms read ~will pick you up 10.30 at latest dude...sorry about it
at 10.58 he finally calls and asks if I'm still up to go out...

OF COURSE NOT!
Irregardless of being so tired out from work that I had problems walkin in a straight line, I was so tired (I actually concentrated and didn't blog till after work.. LOL). What really got to me was the empty promises. If you know you are more than likely going to be stuck for a long time, just call it off! I'm not that special! I can eat dinner alone! I could have made other plans! I could have gone to bed early.

But NOoooOOoo! I had to be nice & wait. I had to watch TV & wait. Drew Carey, The Grimm Adventures of Billy & Mandy, Friends, Desprate Housewives, MTV's battle of the sexes, Tru Calling & Friends again. Yeap. I spent a good total of 5 hours (possibly more) in front of the TV waiting... Waiting... Waiting hungrily! I was dead tired. I was cranky from the lack of food, but I waited.

During the course of my TV marathon, there were a few really lame Adds. I think one featured this mother working at home & talking about Malaysia's. I was so touched, tears escaped from the corner of my eyes. Then there was this other add, same theme, and more tears rolled down. DH's Carlos goes to jail- Sob Sob Sob. Tru Calling's Tru talks to her father- Sob Sob Sob. And so it went for the whole night, I sat alone in the comfort of my home crying at the silliest things. So by the time I got the call at 10.58 I told him I was too tired from waiting and will just eat some plain bread & sleep.

I'm not so angry at him for being so late but I'm more angry at myself for being so so stupid/trusting to wait for someone for so long, fruitlessly for that. Make no mistake, the TV wasn't that sad. I was so hungry that I lost control of my emotions. Some times people don't get it. They make other people wait so long with empty promises to the point they get so angry with themselves for believing in other people & go to bed hungry!

Ugh! I hate being angry at myself. I hate waiting stupidly! The worst part is, it has been happening all too often. Last week it was Ruggy & I told him off. The day before that it was my sister. I'm sick & tired of waiting because of empty promises. So what if they had unescapable circumstances? I waited stupidly because of empty promises, they didnt. I'm going to have to be more Duff-like and screw people that make me wait pointlessly & do what ever it is by myself. They can't respect me, they can't respect my time. Respect seems to be truly missing from my life.

I have a right to be pissed off don't I? The only reason that I waited in the first place is because spending time with these people is fun, calming & makes me happy! But it was not to be!

From the very first time I rest my eyes on you,boy
My heart said follow through but I know now
That I’m way down on your line
But the waiting feeling’s fine

So don’t treat me like a puppet on a string
Because I know how to do my thing
Don’t talk to me as if you think I’m dumb
I wanna know when you’re gotta come,you see

*i don’t wanna wait in a vain for your love
’cause summer is here
And I’m still waiting there
Winter is here
I’m still waiting there

Like I said
It’s been three years since I’m knocking on your door
And still I can knock some more
Ooh boy,ooh boy,is it crazy look,i wanna know now
For I to knock some more,you see

In life I know
That there is lots of grief
But your love is my relief
Tears in my eyes burn
Tears in my eyes burn
While I’m waitin’
While I’m waitin’ for my turn,you see

Like I said-
I don’t wanna,i don’t wanna
I don’t wanna,i don’t wanna
I don’t wanna wait in vain

Annie Lennox ~ Waiting in Vain

UGH! I'm still retaining anger!

8 Comments:

Blogger Dildos said...

er... we all have our share of those experiences.

Honey, reprioritize them if they do it too often. That will teach them for taking a queen for granted.

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A fantastic blog. Keep it up. This may be of interest to you; how to buy & sell everything, like computer furniture on interest free credit; pay whenever you want.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

There was this friend whom I was supposed to meet up with for dinner. After waiting for ages, it turned out that he'd picked up some guy during the day and decided to go on a date instead - and couldn't even be bothered to let me know. I had to ring him to find out.

That was 7 years ago and I've not spoken to him since.

Yup, I hold grudges.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Spot said...

now now angerball. *sayang, sayang*

i have a bad temper and i hate waiting. not a good combo.

btw, no thanks to you, i'm now oddly disconcerted by my attraction to the colour combination of this post.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Will said...

Oh Oh Oh I know who's capable of doing that! Did he ask if you'd still like to go out OOOORRRR you're too tired OOORRRR you wanna do it some other day?

12:05 AM  
Blogger mikey said...

I would be pissed too! I would just give anyone "the LOOK" for being late. If you don't believe me, ask jee jee.

Well...unless he's hunky, 9 inches long and muscular. I can extend the waiting for another 30 mins, and that's the MAX!!!

1:24 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

Oooo, I love 'The Grimm Adventures of Billy & Mandy'! Sorry, that was off topic. Right on, I'd be pissed too!! Absolutely.

*H*U*G*S*

Aimee

4:32 AM  
Blogger AJ said...

He~ He~ I have sort of simmered down since the post, but thanks for the imput! Since then we have talked, and he is clearly apologetic, but refuses to admit he was at any fault.

wjee: He is a queen himself (if i have ever known a queen), but he needs to get his priorities right!

jay: Oooh that is so so me! But no one has ever crossed that line with me...

ben: Hello! Yes! A piece of my mind is what he got! But he is stil a dear dear friend so...

spot: hee hee hee.... my experiments are finally working. I'm trying to dissociate people from colours....

drops of jupiter: Noted! Regardless, I will most probably make the same mistake again... lol

wingedman: spot on... spot on...

mikey: I know that look honey! I KNOW!

Aimee: Don't be sorry! I lurve the show too! Who would ever expect the grim reaper to have a carabean accent...

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home