Tuesday, August 16, 2005

i at bee cho room, pls be inform after finish the discussion ,thanks

Or so that was the horrifying line I received on my office popup.
Infamous Sex God: What do you do for a living AJ?
AJ: Why I put up with really-really bad English all the time…

Even the bloody punctuation is off! But who am I to bitch? Best course of action for me is not even acknowledging it… Moments like these are really lose-lose situations.

Laugh and laugh like I would at myself, and she runs off crying. Tomorrow, her body is discovered with an unintelligible suicide note… something about “i sad vary feels, word deep AJ stab. Stab stab I dye wan, toxic drinking i!”

Try to be helpful and point out the mistake to her, and she will consider me a show-off ass-kissing-pretentious-banana-snob. (banana here signifying a chinese boy unable to speak chinese like the chinese speak chinese). Yellow on the outside, white on the inside. My only retaliation to these kind of comments is calling her an orange (lame I know but anything deeper and she wouldn’t get it).

Don’t point it out and it she will continue to send messages just like that, and if God-forbid, she doesn’t think twice & speaks like that too. That leads to others ridiculing her “ha ha u tok English badder than my chilwen” (we all love pointing out the mistakes of others) and it comes back to me for validation, or rather discrimination.

Yes, even the most imperfect bitch enjoys pointing out the mistakes of others, when that bitch herself can’t pronounce buffet. Not just for the sake of perfection but truly to satisfy the narcissist dwelling inside. The perfectionist inside all of us will do just about anything for attention. But perfectionist will do just as much to avoid drawing attention to her own faults, thus leading to paranoia. So basically a perfectionist-wanna-be is truly a narcissistic-son-of-a-bitch rolling around in his/her own paranoid-self-inflicted-shit. Was that a mouthful?

Sing With Me Boys & Girls!
You pretend you’re high
You pretend you’re bored
You pretend you’re anything
Just to be adored
And what you need
Is what you get

Garbage ~ Stupid Girl

I was a perfectionist until I realized it’s so much easier not to. On the other hand, another day, another entertaining popup.

Care be take you till cu what I write!

10 Comments:

Blogger Francis Ford Faggola said...

Hi AJ...
I have the same problem at work too... it used to bother me so, but now I just grin and bear it...

But it bothers the hell out of my manager and she'll bitch about it every time, and that's the annoying part that I can't stand... :)

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is irrelevant. but i am just angry now. some &^%^&#*#^ passenger crashed my toe!! my entire nail is gone and i can't walk. it is bloody painful!!!! :(

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry.. crushed.. not crashed.

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when I first started work at my current company, it bothers me that people are speaking bad English. I tried and spoke my Queen Mother English but of course, they don't really understand it.

Now, for the sake of being understood, I just go with the flow. End of story, and my life is easier.

3:03 PM  
Blogger Derek said...

You very the funny ar.

Sometimes you have to be mean to be nice. ;P

Derek

5:31 PM  
Blogger Nugget said...

I've actually told some Chinese aunties rather apologetically before why my understanding of Chinese is so atrocious, and that wo shi xiang jiao ren (I am a banana man).

They look confused for a moment and ask me xiang jiao zai na li (where is banana).

Suddenly I realized that wo shi xiang jiao ren can also mean I am a man from banana.

8:59 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Whenever I feel the urge to laugh at someone's lousy English, I remind myself that my Mandarin really is can-die one.

Apokalypse - maybe they were asking you where your banana was...

4:45 AM  
Blogger AJ said...

Holden: Not to bitch but when I lowered my standards, management told me my English was "rather weak"! A copywriter with weak english? Heaven forbid!

1d: Everything will be alright once you come back!

asmadi: i'm still figuring a good compromise for this one. I figure when I talk I use small words & when I write i use ginormous words.

derek: thanking you!

apokalypse: Banana man indeed! Lol Some of my best friends are Mangosteens (think about it).

jay: i'll eat your banana if you eat mine.. lol

9:30 AM  
Blogger Spot said...

i bitchslap myself each time i choke on atrocious english (which is often) - i mean, not say i also never do like that, right? cannot be so thinking i so great hor?

but hey, at least i know the difference. ;)

11:42 AM  
Blogger Will said...

OMG honey that's so funny. I think even some chewren speak better la.

But seriously it IS possible to have good english AND mandarin if you put your mind to it. Look at our dear friend Maryann!

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home