Friday, August 05, 2005

Whats The Frequency Kenneth?

Talking about the CD's I'm currently listening to has sort of invigorated me to post about my current TOP 10 CDs and why they are the best. Who knows? Years from now I might find them utter rubbish!

And here they are in no particular order~

Alanis Morissette ~ Jagged Lil Pill
This amazing album is so full of angst and great for venting post relationship anger. Almost everyone can related to poor flustered Mz Morissette's songs.

Cranberries ~ No Need To Argue
Delores and the rest are superb musicians but nothing beats this album in terms of content. Ravel in the transition of the Daffodill Lament! Feel the energy of Zombie! Wallow in the sadness of No Need To Argue. (Do I sound like a cheap promo? Yes I have been working too hard lately.)

Madonna ~ Ray of Light
This is one CD full of energy. Full of memories too. Japan... Sex... I must have had sex atleast a million times to this one.

Madonna ~ Bedtime Stories
Love singing along to this one. Something about the lyrics that brings out the queen in me.

Kylie Minogue ~ Fever
Almost perfect album. It really symbolized the pinacle of her rebirth career. Who hasn't lip sync-ed to "It was love~ It was love~ It was llooove ~ At first sight?"

Lisa Loeb & The 9 Stories ~ Tails
This one is suited for my personal taste. The lyrics are so preplexing (your skin smells like sandal wood) & the tunes are like they are being sung in a college bar or some cosy place. When I listen to this one, I'm transported to another dimension, say the dorms of some seedy college?

Garbage ~ Beautiful Garbage
Shirley Manson is really amazing! The way she harmonizes her voice with the rest of the instruments to envoke feelings of joy, sorrow, anger, lust is just sureal! WHY CAN"T I SING LIKE THAT?

Looks like I'm a lil short of songs after all... What you guys like to listen to?

Boys in white drawers with blue satin sashes,
snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes,
silver white winters that melt into springs,
these are a few of my favorite things....
Sound Of Music ~ My Favourite Things (edited)

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Modest Mouse - The Lonesome Crowded West , Good News for People Who Love Bad News.

Rammstein - Reise Reise

Simon & Garfunkel - The Difinitive

Starsailor - Love is Here

Travis - The Man Who

Live - Secret Samadhi , The Distance to Here , Throwing Copper

Jamiroquai - Funk Odyssey

The Killers - Hot Fuss

Snow Patrol - Final Straw

:P

10:15 PM  
Blogger savante said...

Ooh, you music tramp/lover... I loved your choice of music! I actually go through fads... at the moment, I'm in a mellow jazz knda mood so it's Renee Olstead, Michael Buble, Jamie Cullum and the like...

Paul

11:47 PM  
Blogger mikey said...

You forgot bout Gwen Stefani honey...and I love most of the albums you listed here, especially Ray of Light & Jagged Little Pill.

5:28 AM  
Blogger mikey said...

Another one - Annie Lennox's Medusa!!!

5:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh me god. What about Britney's "Oops.. I Did It Again", Jessica Simpson's "Under the Skin", Hilary Duff's self titled album, and not forgetting, Geri Halliwell's "Passion".

Superb vocal, great music.

LOL

MD

9:31 AM  
Blogger AJ said...

anon: You like Ramstein, Jamiroquai & Simon & Garfunkel? You are super duper cool in my books! Anyone who likes such diversity MUST be cool, whoever you are! lol

savante: I know what ya mean, I'm currently going thru a more trans phase. we all have our experimental phases.

mikey: Thank You HONEY! Medusa is SO DEFINATELY ON THAT list! Gwen & The Killers have to go thru the probational period of atleast 2 months, to make sure I dont pile away their album.

MD: You are one sad sad puppy! But i'm considering adding FIR's album to my list, if I only knew what its called?

Thanks everyone! Props to Mikey for reminding me of Medusa! I also just remember No Doubt's Tragic Kingdom & Mariah's Music Box.

The albums on my potential list now include royksopp's Eple, gwen's LAMB & The Killers' Hot Fuss

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FIR's first album is a self titled album. Second one is called "无限" which means unlimited.

Hilary Duff rules...


MD

11:03 AM  
Blogger Will said...

OMG Honey I totally agree with the Kylie, Madonna and Alanis selections. And ehre I was thinking I'm the only one who listens to Garbage...gimme some Cherry Lips go baby go go!

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love your choice of music...to add a few:
1. Counting Crows - August and Everything After
2. Aimee Mann - Bachelor No.2
3. Jill Scott - Who is Jill Scott? Words and Sounds
4. Lauryn Hill - The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill

muwo

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://zkekmuuv.com/vepe/gugy.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://ffubegiz.com/ppyh/btuj.html]Cool site[/url]

1:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
My homepage | Please visit

1:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://zkekmuuv.com/vepe/gugy.html | http://wbzshnbx.com/jdeq/zate.html

1:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »

7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Business long stay holiday insurance Undelete software package freeware Caracas gateway voip Bmw 750il repair manual free Downside of bontril

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home