Saturday, September 02, 2006

How AJ released a month of repression in one weekend

Nifty title isn’t it?
Although Malaysia is said to have some of the highest number of public holidays of all countries, they are mostly concentrated at the beginning and end of the year. So it is such a relief to have a long weekend at the end of August to celebrate Merdeka (Independence). Sure I took one and a half days of leave just to make it longer, but it has been well worth it.

Oral Torture/ Pleasure.
Had to visit my friend the goaty dentist to do some dental work. The procedure- root canal, the act of drilling to the nerves of the tooth & killing the nerves, is said to be the most painful procedure only second to child birth. It does help when the dentist doing the procedure is an expert at distraction. Singing goaty songs & poking the patients tongue with the damn drill to test the anesthetic is truly his best talent. Baah!

Not In The Mood.
Whiles many Malaysians celebrated Merdeka, after much consideration, I didn’t feel like it. Highways that are even more bumpy after repair, newspapers without the freedom of the press, the silently lost wrights of minorities & the fact that same sex partnerships will never be legalized made me hesitant to raise the flag. Sure we have come a long way, but the victory, like paid sex & imitation branded goods seems a wee bit hollow to celebrate. Instead I watched Rockstar Supernova. Has it been 49 years of progress/ regress?

Facing My Demons/ Parents.
Without a doubt, a large portion of my daily dose of emotional distress comes from my parents. Although I’m sure most people get theirs from the same source, I have been less than honest about how I feel about it with my parents. Maybe it is the inbred desire to be ever filial & respectful, but confrontation has not been my strong point. But rather than let the negative thoughts fester in my head, I decided to let them have the sleepless nights for a change. Certainly many harsh words that can never be taken back were said, but at least I have said my peace & made my position clear. Could I have been more tactful/ rational in my approaches? Definitely. But when emotions are involved, they are rarely rational. Fortunately though, we were able to let the matter rest & focus on more cheerful things like seafood & sewing machines.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
"Dude! Play your guitar & stop staring at my delicious crotch!"
In Rockstar Supernova, Magni is leading and Ryan has been kicked out.

Deep river runs its course
To a warm horizon
Shadows of falling leaves
October moon and rusty skies
Ever changing feelings
The seeds of autumn in my mind

The hiding sun, like the hiding sun
Feels like it's just begun
The hiding sun, like the hiding sun
Waiting for summer sun

Hiding summer's age no more
No more leaves in summer sky
Turning dark on empty car lots
When summer was my only friend

Chicane~ Autumn Tactics (End Of Summer Remix)

Kambeng On Monday: Part Two

4 Comments:

Blogger Musang said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:33 AM  
Blogger Musang said...

after year 2000, i never once celebrate the merdeka day the way it should be celebrated... go out clubbing and just have silly fun singing national anthem almost everywhere.

not after i realized that suddenly the crowd who celebrate it with us are indonesians, myanmars and bangladesh. and not after i realized it's too crowded for some fussy bitch like me.

hell, it's not as fun as a pre-night of a gay parade, and i never bother myself since then.

but of course i know the 5 rukun negara. i googled.

12:36 AM  
Blogger AJ said...

we all celebrate (or not) in our own way i guess! happy merdeka!

3:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoops... goat is already in part one.... baaa...

Duff-is-bored

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home