Wednesday, August 30, 2006

ENSURE THE CHOICES OF TODAY DO NOT BECOME THE HEADACHES OF TOMORROW

That’s the stupid motivational sign on my uncle’s wall said. Can you believe it? This sign was telling me I can choose to avoid headaches! Is it that simple? Plan ahead and you won’t f*ck up?

I beg to differ! Sure I can choose not to eat expired food so I don’t get a stomachache, but I can’t control everything simply by choosing. Like earlier tonight I tried to make the first call to this guy with potential- sexy, charming & witty. Or so I think he was. I thought it was high time I picked up the phone & ask him out. I wanted to see him in day light without the beer goggles.

But before I continue, I must give a shout out to the men & women who have given me the gift of choice in the first place. Happy Merdeka Day! Independence is more than just a word! Its our freedom to choose. Even if some of those choices become the headaches of today. Anyways, the boy said maybe.

He said maybe. Is maybe good or bad? Did I sound awkward? Damn. Why did I choose to pick up that damn phone & call him? I am not always weird. Or am I? Damn it AJ, not everything is in your control! You can’t always be smooth & charming. Its ok to sound stupid. Even Teks told you so. Stop being a wuss.

Well I chose to make myself vulnerable. Choices can be lead the big headaches but they can also lead to better things. Celebrate independence dammit! Cross my fingers & hope that he chose a ‘good maybe’ & will party with me this Merdeka. Don’t you love Merdeka? It’s both the freedom of choice & a nice long weekend to party! Should I push the boy a little harder?


Ooohhhh shook me up so quickly
Ooohhhh hit me like a smooth breeze
Smooth like the air I take you into me
Smooth ~ Iio

7 Comments:

Blogger shelzter said...

That tile makes no sense. It basically presumes that one can predict tommorrow. How is one supposed to know whether the choice made today is a good choice or not!??!? I mean, if we all knew that, wouldnt we all be successful in our own ways.

This totally applies to me these days and I keep wondering if the choices I have made this past year are right or wrong!!

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and we all know that teks is (nearly always) right. hehe. besides for godssake you were drunk that night and he wasnt THAT hawt. Beer goggles, baby. Beer goggles.

5:12 PM  
Blogger executorlouis said...

Happy Merdeka day! Here's to great partying and bagging that hot guy for some hot weekend celebrations! ;)

6:01 PM  
Blogger savante said...

So who is this boy you're pushing?

5:36 PM  
Blogger AJ said...

zufikar~ Maybe like Androjane, it was meant to make you think?

teks~ I know "beer goggles". Hence the need to call him out.. DUH.

louis~ Thanks & happy merdeka to you too! Hot boys for everyone!!

Paul~ This boy is a potential boy. He gave me a more positive maybe this evening (evening of the event). Wish me luck!

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Epoxy Flooring O'Fallon said...

Hi great readiing your blog

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Epoxy Flooring O'Fallon said...

Loovely blog you have

1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home