Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A Pox On Me, Day 2: Still Not Bored…

Its day two of the Pox and my mind has begun to wonder. I recall something from all the genetics textbooks/ trashy vampire novels I read. Something about small pox, a horrible disease similar to chicken pox which killed millions of people in the darker ages. Thanks to the technology of vaccination, we don’t have to worry about small pox, just fucking chicken pox & about a million other diseases which were previously unnamed.

And so I read up on the damn disease & the statistics look cheery! Only 80% of chicken pox related deaths involve adults! And most adults experience very little scaring, simply because they are old (and vain) enough not to scratch. I read this line to the child in my heart a million times hoping he would stop pick away at my blister riddled scalp, but he quippily replied “Its not like your ever gonna shave your fucking head!”

Well I’d like to keep my options open! What if one day I wanna do the mardi gras parade or sHalloween as Slutboy?

The first season of Joey was entertaining enough. It seemed a good enough plot to place a New Yorker in the heart of Los Angeles. And surround him with weird characters. But very often I felt, damn I wish I could live in that apartment! No seriously. Something about the setting. But a house isn’t a home without the hearts of those you love…

Stranger than fiction was a pretty good movie. Sure the men weren’t like super hot or remotely close, but it sure did feel real, real enough. The ironic twist at the end was good, but not great. A feel good movie at its best, though somehow, I think kids should only be allowed to ride bikes in parks under close supervision, away from people who don’t want to die.

Pan’s Labyrinth was really good. Best movie of the year so far. Far better that the well disguised plot of the capitalist struggle to control oil that is Spiderman 3 (Venom being Iraq, Mary Jane being all that is good & guess who is Spiderman, I cant take credit for this conspiracy theory though). All the characters were well played & the effects amazing. And if anything, the Spanish language added a certain flair to the plot. Who said that there are no new stories to tell?

I think I did say that sometime back. I was misguided. But still, at the back of my heart, like the lingering desire to be a hopeless romantic & irresponsible fool, I like to think there is truth in the fact that the human imagination is limitless…



Hey
J-J-J-Jaded
In all its misery it will always be what I love and hated
And maybe take a ride to the other side we're thinkin' of
We'll slip into the velvet glove
And be Jaded
Yeah, I'm so Jaded
And baby I'm afraid of you
You're thinkin' so complicated
I've had it all up to here
But it's so overrated
Love and hate it
Wouldn't trade it
Love Me Jaded

Aerosmith~ Jaded

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Shake Trees said...

get well soon yar. dont scratch ah. if not, not leng cai lor. keke... :P

7:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember when I had chicken pox !!

I was about 6, totally covered in calamine lotion and running around the house completely nekkid *giggles*

damn it was fun ... tee hee

Get well soon AJ!

-Drewie-

5:59 PM  
Blogger AJ said...

he he he he.. thanx guys.... and NO it has not been fun! I'm not even 26 any more Drewie!

2:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home