Saturday, October 14, 2006

PARKING FOR SINGLE FEMALES ONLY

Would you believe it? I swear it’s a genuine sign at the car park near the entrance of the basement of Cineleisure (Cineplex near in Kuala Lumpur)! How nice of them to care for the poor defenseless women with no men to protect them. WTF… How about ME ME ME?

Single females aren’t the only ones who get taken care of. There are charities for AIDS orphans in Africa, Hurricane victims in America & even Tsunami survivors in Asia. Even abandoned cats, defenseless tigers & overtly enticing European anchovies get some help with survival. There are even guards posted at the local Gunung Ledang Forest Reserve to protect the endangered slipper orchids!

Then there are those who are favored in other ways. Special low joining fees for families at the gym, two-for-one specials at restaurants, pensioners discounts at the performing arts theatre and even student prices on public transport.

But who is going to ensure the survival of the 20 something single gay men?

We can go to jail for expressing our love & we constantly get bombarded with ‘when is it your turn?’ at weddings?

Who is going to make sure my clothes are clean & my food is free of harmful bacteria?

Who is going to make cooling drinks for me when I am ‘heaty’ & drive me to the clinic when I am sick?

Who will help me with the bills & ensure my doors are locked at night?

Who is there to keep my bed warm & satisfy my carnal needs?

When I am close to the edge, who will watch over me when I pass out & make sure I don’t overdose on bullshit?

Believe it or not I need tender loving care to survive this crazy world too!

Say I’m stone cold if you must, or, bitter, jaded or anything else but I will take care of myself. Independent baby!

I will do it by myself simply because there is no one else. Sure friends mean well but they do have their own pile of shit to deal with. The family tries their best but they can’t always be there. Blood may be thicker than water, but when it comes to healing the wounds, I am responsible for myself.

So be it if I have to bite my lip and bear with the sting of hurtful words/ actions. So be it if I have to work overtime on Saturday to fill my car with petrol.

As long as I can still take care of myself, there is no one better suited for the job. I don't mean to whine but really, I do worry about my lonesome self sometimes. *Pout*

Ain't no other man, can stand up next to me
Ain't no other man on the planet does what I do
(what I do).
I’m the kinda guy, a guy finds in a blue moon.
I’ve got soul, I’ve got class.
I got style, I’m a bad ass - oh yeah!
Ain't no other man its true - alright -
Ain't no other man but me.

Christina Aguilera ft AJ~ Ain’t No Other Man But Me

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

they really hv that???
i got to go see

1d

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

someone will. have faith. ;)

4:14 PM  
Blogger Harvey said...

Bravo! Good thinking there. No one's better at helping us than ourselves.

1:20 AM  
Blogger AJ said...

1d~ we go have dinner one day there and i'll show ya...

tete~ its not so much of someone, but thanks for the comment ;o)

harvey~ We must be number 1 in our lives!

2:30 AM  
Blogger Musang said...

answer:

your future boyfriend.

:)

i want to steal that sign of that parking space one day.

1:24 PM  
Blogger savante said...

Well, what we have to do is to be there for each other.

7:46 PM  
Blogger AJ said...

musang~ muax! i mind a bf, just that until then i've got to look out for no 1!!!

paul~ we are...

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home